Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts are so crispy and tasty, you WANT to eat your vegetables! These Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are the perfect side dish to have with dinner, and are ready in less than fifteen minutes!
Parmesan Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
Every child goes through phases of not wanting to eat vegetables. OK. It was me. And I am still in that phase. But as an adult, I try to eat healthier. One I started air frying meals, I found that I love making these brussels sprouts in the air fryer.
You will love this delicious side dish recipe, because they are so easy, and it makes the most crispy brussels sprouts. It is a perfect weeknight side dish because it pairs with so many nice meals, like Filet Mignon, Honey Mustard Salmon, and Pistachio Crusted Chicken.
Find this recipe along with over 35 others for the ULTIMATE list of Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes.
What you need to make Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Making these sprouts is so easy! I use my Cosori 5.8 Quart Air Fryer, and the entire pound of sprouts can easily fit in the air fryer basket. Besides an air fryer, to make this recipe you will need:
- brussels sprouts
- Virgin olive oil
- fresh garlic cloves or garlic powder
- shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
How to make Crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- To prepare the brussels sprouts, cut them half and then rinse them. Discard any separate outer leaves or any discolored leaves.
- Then, in a medium bowl, combine with the tablespoon olive oil and minced garlic or garlic powder.
- Toss the ingredients together, coating the sprouts with olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then pour the sprouts in air fryer. Make sure they aren't bundled and over lapping or they won't be crispy.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway. Sprinkle the sprouts with parmesan cheese over the top of the cooked sprouts, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes cooking time until the cheese begins to melt.
- Season with ½ teaspoon kosher salt and a ½ teaspoon black pepper.
NOTE: Because air fryer temperatures, wattages, and sizes vary, you may need to adjust the cook time.
Should you cut sprouts in half before cooking?
To prepare sprouts for cooking, you should cut the stems off. If some of the sprouts are small, I just leave them, but if they are larger sprouts, I cut them in half. It makes them easier to eat if they are bite size.
Do I need to spray the basket before cooking the brussel sprouts?
They are already coated with olive oil and don't stick to the basket at all.
Can I use frozen brussels sprouts?
You can use frozen, although, I have found that in order to get crispy sprouts, the air fryer works best.
Are there other ways to prepare sprouts?
You can add almost anything to brussels sprouts! For a delicious balsamic glaze, try Bertolli's. Or you can easily make your own! To do this, combine ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Then pour the glaze over the sprouts before cooking. Chopped pecans and cranberries, bacon crumbles, are just a few other small touches you can add to the sprouts.
Can I store leftover air fryer brussels sprouts?
Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for 3-4 days. To reheat, place them in an air fryer basket, and air fry at 400 degrees until they are heated.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Potato Skins
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees
- While the air fryer is preheating, cut the brussel sprouts in half and rinse.
- Place the brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl, and add in the olive oil and minced garlic. Toss the ingredients together until the brussel sprouts are coated.
- Place the prepared brussel sprouts in the basket, and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Cook on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the cooked brussel sprouts and return to the air fryer for one to two minutes, until melted.
- Serve while warm.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.