This air fryer salmon recipe makes delicious filets in minutes! This air fryer salmon recipe makes delicious filets in minutes! It is perfect for a busy weeknight healthy without spending a ton of time!
You can pair this great recipe with air fryer side dishes like this Baked Potato, Air Fryer Asparagus, Broccoli, Bacon Wrapped Scallops, and Brussels Sprouts to create a truly nutritious meal! And if you love this dish, you might also enjoy our other air fryer seafood recipes.
Looking for the best way to reheat leftovers? Save this post for how to reheat fish in the air fryer.
You might also enjoy this article with 21 Low Carb Air Fryer recipes.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
You'll love this new way of cooking salmon because it's super easy, making it a wonderful recipe for beginner cooks. In addition, air frying is the best way to cook salmon because it gives the outside of the salmon a nice crispy but tender texture!
This delicious meal can take on extra flavors with a marinade. You can use spicy sauces, or favorites such as soy sauce or teriyaki sauce. You can also rub a little bit of brown sugar on your salmon for a sweeter flavor! For a more elegant meal, drizzle a dressing to create a maple Dijon salmon or honey mustard salmon.
HEALTH REASONS TO EAT SALMON
Not only is healthy salmon a comforting dish, but it is also full of omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for lowering blood pressure and contain anti-inflammatory properties! In addition, this low-calorie salmon recipe consists of high-protein fish with no added carbs, making it a wonderful recipe for a healthy meal.
- Fillets of Salmon- Try to get cuts of salmon that are about the same weight
- Olive Oil- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or brush salmon with avocado oil
- Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
Rinse off the salmon filets and pat dry each piece of fish with a paper towel. Lightly drizzle or brush oil over both pieces of salmon, coating both sides of the salmon portions.
Combine garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir together. Coat salmon with seasoning mixture on both sides of each fillet.
Prepare basket by spraying with a nonstick spray or line with a piece of parchment paper, made for the air fryer.
Place seasoned salmon in the air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees Fahrenheit with a cook time of 10-12 minutes.
Check for doneness using a fork. Salmon should flake easily, and the internal temperature in the thickest part of the salmon should be 145 degrees F. You can check the internal temperature of the salmon with a meat thermometer.
Serve immediately with a side of lemon wedges and garlic butter, and garnish with parsley flakes.
- I use a Cosori air fryer. My oven basket size is perfect for 2-4 filets. The fuller basket you have, cook time may take a couple of minutes longer. Don't stack or overlap the filets or you may not get even cooking.
- Try to get similar sized filets when it comes to the thickness of the salmon. This will help them cook evenly.
- There are so many recipe options you can try for extra taste and flavor! Because salmon is so versatile, you can serve with basic seasonings and lemon wedges or lemon juice.
- Because there are so many choices of flavors, you can add McCormick's spices and seasonings such as chili powder, red pepper flakes, onion powder, or any other favorite seasonings you like!
- If you love taco nights, Salmon tacos are just another one of our favorite ways to use this salmon. You can slice cooked salmon into strips and pair them with hard or soft taco shells!
- You can also add a little taco seasoning before cooking to deepen the flavor and have perfect salmon tacos!
- Serve over a plate of rice, in pasta, or in salads.
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
STORING AND REHEATING
Although this is so good that you probably won't have leftovers, but if you do, you can store salmon in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
To reheat, return to the air fryer and air fry at 380 degrees for 3-5 minutes until warm in the center.
The best way to get flaky and juicy salmon is not to overcook the salmon. For the juiciest salmon, only cook your salmon for the recommended amount of time. For crispy salmon, only use a little olive oil so that the skin doesn't get soggy.
Absolutely! If you don't have time to thaw, just follow this air fryer frozen salmon recipe.
MORE AIR FRYER FISH RECIPES
You will love how easy this recipe is to make! Making salmon from frozen? We've got you covered with that, too! Here is our favorite air fryer frozen salmon recipe.
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Salmon
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2 salmon filets about 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teasoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Lightly brush salmon portions, on both sides, with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir together.
- Coat salmon with seasonings, on both sides of each filet. Place seasoned filets in the air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.
- Check for doneness using a fork. Salmon should flake easily, and internal temperature should be 145 degrees F. Serve immediately.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.