Making Air Fryer Bread is incredibly easy. This simple recipe makes a perfect loaf of bread that is light and fluffy on the inside, with a golden crust.
You will love this bread recipe because it is so easy and you will be able to make a simple loaf of soft white bread in your air fryer. Making bread in the air fryer is so much faster than baking in the oven too.
There is nothing like having a fresh loaf of bread fresh out of the oven. My kids love when I use fresh bread to make air fryer eggs in a basket, air fryer grilled cheese sandwiches, or even just having a slice of bread with a small bit of jam and butter spread on top.
What you need to make Air Fryer Bread
I also made this bread without using loaf pans. If you would like the bread to have a more traditional shape, you can easily place the dough into bread pans.
Besides an air fryer, springform pan and mixing bowl, to make this recipe you will need:
- instant yeast
- warm water
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- egg, for egg wash
How to make Air Fryer Bread
To make this recipe, I first let the yeast bloom. Add yeast like Fleischmann's, in a medium bowl that has warm water. Let the yeast sit for about 3 to 5 minutes to bloom. You will see it bubble.
Once the yeast has activated, add in the flour sugar milk softened butter and salt. Gently fold the ingredients together until they are well combined and slightly flaky.
Transfer the do onto a well floured surface and knead the dough until it is smooth and then shape it into a ball. You can use a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment or your hands to knead the dough.
Once the dough is in the shape of a ball, place it in a springform pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and place it in a warm place until the dough rises to be about double in size.
Once the dough has doubled, lightly brush the bread loaf with an egg wash. Return the basket to the oven and air fry at 320 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes until the bread is golden brown.
How can I tell if the bread is cooked on the inside?
I tap on the bottom of the bread, and if it sounds like it's hollow, it should be done on the inside. The bottom of the bread should not feel doughy.
How do I store the loaf of bread?
Keep the bread sealed or wrap, and it will taste fresh for 3-4 days. This bread can be frozen for 6-8 months.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Bread
- Air Fryer
- 2 ¼ teaspoons instant yeast 1 packet
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg whisked
- Add yeast to a bowl with water that is warm. Let the yeast sit in the warm water for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the yeast has activated, add in the flour, sugar, milk, butter, and salt. Gently fold the ingredients together until they were well combined and it becomes slightly flaky.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead the dough until it is smooth, then shape it into a ball.
- Place the ball of dough into the air fryer basket, and then wrap with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rest until it doubles in size, about 30 minutes.
- Brush the top of the loaf with an egg wash. and air fry at 320 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes, until the top of the bread is golden brown.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.