Air Fryer Eggs in a basket, also known as Eggs in a hole, is a super simple and easy way to make breakfast in the Air Fryer. No preheating is needed with this delicious and easy Air Fryer breakfast recipe!
You can make breakfast in just a few minutes with this simple recipe, also known as Egg in a hole, Breakfast in a hole, and Eggs in a basket.
Air Fryer-Eggs in a Basket
This breakfast recipe is truly a classic. While it may surface under a different name, it will always be known to us as Eggs in a basket.
I also love an easy breakfast with simple ingredients. Those are some of my favorite recipes and perfect for busy mornings.
If you're looking to feed a crowd, check out this yummy bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast casserole.
Just like the classic recipe from Cracker Barrel, this is one you can quickly and easily make at home.
This inexpensive breakfast takes just a few minutes and is made with just a handful of ingredients.
- bread - I love to use regular white sandwich bread, but whole wheat and sourdough are great options.
- egg - large work perfectly
- salt and pepper - to your taste
Preheat the Air Fryer to 330 degrees. After preheating, place a piece of parchment paper in the Air Fryer basket, or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
Take a piece of bread and use a large cookie cutter to remove a hole from the center.
Carefully crack the egg into the center of the hole.
Close the Air Fryer basket and cook at 330 degrees for 5 minutes. Use a spatula and carefully flip the egg in a hole and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
Carefully remove from the Air Fryer, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, and serve.
- adjust the cooking time and decrease by a minute or two for a runny yolk.
- Top with sliced avocado for a different avocado egg toast
- Spice it up with different seasonings such as chili flakes, red pepper flakes, or white pepper.
Storage and Reheating
I don't personally recommend storing and reheating air fryer eggs in a basket as it tastes best when freshly cooked. If you do save this for later, store the egg toast in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Reheat by placing the leftovers in the air fryer and air frying at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
What to Serve with Eggs in a Basket
Eggs in a basket are great to serve with yummy breakfast sides. Some of my favorites are:
While the origin is unknown, it's likely a play on the saying "don't keep all of your eggs in one basket".
Eggs in a basket are also called Toad in a Hole, Bullseye eggs, Eggs in a Frame, One-eyed Jack, and Eggs in a Nest, among others.
I love this easy recipe for eggs in a basket. It's a delicious and easy dish that's hands-off and done in minutes.
If you love breakfast, you might also enjoy these other recipes below!
Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes:
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Egg in a Basket
- Air Fryer
- Cookie cutter
- 1 slice bread
- 1 egg
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 330 degrees. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick cooking spray and add a piece of parchment paper.
- Take a piece of bread and a large cookie cutter and cut a hole in the center of the bread. Place the bread on the parchment paper in the Air Fryer basket.
- Crack the egg and add it to the center of the slice of bread.
- Close the Air Fryer Basket and heat the egg in a basket for 5 minutes on 330 degrees. Use a spatula and carefully flip the egg in a hole and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the Air Fryer and top with a pinch of salt and pepper before serving.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.