Air fryer Rolls are a simple way to perfectly cook dinner rolls in the air fryer. Made with just a few ingredients, you will love having warm rolls on the table for dinner.
My family likes to have some type of bread at almost every meal. Using this simple recipe, I can easily make biscuits or even a loaf of bread. Because the air fryer makes them so quickly, there is no need to wait for bread to bake in the traditional oven.
I love being a part of the air fryer craze and have been making air fryer everything. I especially love the taste of air fryer breads, like Pesto Pinwheels, Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes, and Cinnamon Rolls.
Find this recipe along with over 35 others for the ULTIMATE list of Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes.
What you need to make Air Fryer Rolls
I made these rolls in my Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer basket. If using a smaller air fryer, cook the bread in batches. I used an aluminum foil pan for rolls that are more like pull apart bread. You can use any round dish, like this Corningware.
If you don't have a dish, you can place the rolls individually into a lightly sprayed basket or lined with air fryer parchment paper.
Besides an air fryer, to make this recipe you will need:
- warm water
- all purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- egg, for wash
How to make Air Fryer Dinner Rolls
To begin, add yeast to a bowl with water that is warm. Let the yeast sit in the warm water for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Once the yeast has activated, add in the flour, sugar, milk, butter, and salt. Gently fold the ingredients together until they are well combined and slightly flaky. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead the dough until it is smooth and then shape it into a ball. You can also use your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment to knead the dough.
Place the ball of dough into a medium bowl with about one tablespoon of olive or vegetable oil. Roll the dough with the oil, and then wrap the bowl with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel, and place it in a warm place until the dough rises to about double the size.
Once the dough has doubled in size, punch it down releasing some of the air. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll into balls. Place the rolls into a pan or directly into the oven basket individually, after spraying the basket with cooking spray. If making individual buns, place them in the basket in a single layer.
In a small bowl, stir or whisk an egg and then brush tops of the rolls with an egg wash.
Air Fry at 320 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes, until the tops of the rolls are golden brown. Check the bottom of the rolls for doneness as well. If they are not completely set on the bottom, you can add a couple of minutes cook time, or turn the rolls upside down before adding additional cooking time.
How long do air fryer dinner rolls last?
Store and seal the rolls in an air tight container in the refrigerator, or at room temperature. They should last for about 3-5 days. I like my rolls warm to melt butter, so I reheat them in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
Can I make these into garlic rolls?
You can brush melted butter on top of the rolls and then sprinkle garlic on top. Air fry at 300 degrees F for another 1-2 minutes.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Rolls
- Air Fryer
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Rapid Rise Yeast One packet
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg whisked
- Add yeast to a bowl with water that is warm. Let the yeast sit in the warm water for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the yeast has activated, add in the flour, sugar, milk, butter, and salt. Gently fold the ingredients together until they were well combined and it becomes slightly flaky.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead the dough until it is smooth and shape it into a ball.
- Place dough into a medium bowl with one tablespoon of olive or vegetable oil. Coat the ball of dough with the oil, and then wrap the bowl with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel, then place in warm place until the dough rises to about double the size.
- Once the dough has doubled, punch down to release air. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll into balls. Place the rolls into a pan or directly into the basket individually, after spraying the basket with cooking spray.
- Coat tops of the rolls with an egg wash. Air Fry at 320 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes, until the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.