BBQ Chicken Wings are great to serve on game day, at a party or just a casual dinner with the family. It's a fun finger food that you can personalize to your taste.
Sometimes after a long day at work and getting kids from school I don't want to spend too much time making dinner. These Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings are so easy that you will want to put them on the menu rotation for a quick dinner.
Chicken wings are such a popular food because you can cook them quickly and there are many different flavors that you can add. I like sweet BBQ sauce but you can use spicy or Chipotle or any flavor that your favorite BBQ sauce offers. Just make sure that you have plenty of napkins because this can get messy, but some of the best food is messy.
BBQ Chicken Wings should be crispy and the air fryer is perfect for getting them crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Frying food in grease comes out messy and heavy, the air fryer gives it that flavor without all of the heaviness that grease adds.
What you need to make Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Olive Oil Spray
- Garlic Powder
- Brown Sugar
- BBQ Sauce
- 24 Wings
With five ingredients you'll have a meal for the entire family in less than half an hour. I like to serve them with macaroni and cheese and a salad but they would go great with so many things like French Fries, chips, corn on the cob and green beans.
How to make Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
Although prepping takes a few minutes, it will be worth it and the Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings will come out perfect.
- Prepare the Air Fryer basket with olive oil. Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Rinse the wings and pat them dry.
- Mix the garlic and brown sugar together and use as a dry rub over the wings.
- Put the wings into the basket in a single layer.
- Cook on 380 degrees for 16 minutes, you will need to flip the wings every 4 minutes.
- Increase the Air Fryer temperature to 400 degrees and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Place the chicken wings into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Cover the wings with BBQ sauce and toss the wings until they are completely coated in BBQ Sauce.
I use Sweet Baby Rays but you can use whatever brand of sauce and flavor that your family prefers. The flavor really doesn't matter as long as it's a good BBQ sauce that you like.
Extra moisture prevents the skins from crisping properly and crispy BBQ wings are a must. Drying them will also help dry rub soak in better.
They are always best fresh but if you have leftovers it is easy to reheat them in your air fryer. Each air fryer is different but about 2-3 minutes should be perfect.
I hope you enjoy these wings as much as we do! We love to make wings in the Air Fryer and won't even eat them any other way again.
If you haven't had Air Fryer Wings yet, you'll soon feel the same and will only want them in the Air Fryer!
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer
- 24 chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the Air Fryer basket with olive oil spray, nonstick cooking spray, or parchment paper AFTER you've preheated the Air Fryer.
- Rinse and completely dry the chicken wings.
- Mix the garlic powder and brown sugar together and use as a dry rub over the wings. For extra crispy wings, add a pinch of baking powder to the seasoning before coating the wings.
- Place the wings in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook the wings at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 16 minutes, flipping the ings every 4 minutes. Increase the heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the wings have reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 1-2 minutes time if needed.
- Remove the chicken wings from the air fryer and place them into a medium sized mixing bowl. Cover the wings with BBQ sauce and then toss the wings until they are completely coated in sauce.
- Serve with your favorite sides and dipping sauces.
- Serve the wings with more BBQ sauce or your favorite dipping sauces, such as honey mustard or creamy Ranch dressing.
- Add a pinch of baking powder to the seasoning to make the wings extra crispy on the outside.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.