I know, I know, I say all of my chicken wings recipes are the best but really, these are my favorite. They are crispy on the outside and juicy and delicious on the inside. They're seriously the perfect Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings.
Not only are they my favorite but they are my daughters as well, she is my taste tester for pretty much everything and she says this is her absolute favorite.
Chicken wings are so versatile that it makes it easy to cook them frequently and they still not be the same as before. You can add so many flavors or dips that everyone will get something that they like.
Cooking chicken wings in the Air Fryer is so much better than any other way to me. I will even take these Air Fryer Chicken Wings over a restaurant chicken wing every time.
TIP: If you want to make wings that are extra crispy, add a pinch of baking powder to the wings just before cooking.
What you need to make the Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 15 chicken wings
- Olive Oil
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Louisiana Hot sauce or your favorite hot sauce.
- Granulated sugar
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
Another thing that I like about Chicken Wings is that they are perfect for a crowd. It is inexpensive to buy a large pack of them and you can always freeze some for later if you find them on sale.
It's hard to know what to serve for a party or family gathering but chicken wings are liked by most people and these Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings are perfect because you can serve them by themselves and offer a variety of dipping sauces.
Aside from my dipping sauce here, these are a few of my favorite dipping sauces to serve with wings:
- Blue cheese
- Honey mustard
- Hot wing sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Garlic Parmesan
Sweet Baby Rays even has it's own line of sauces for chicken wings, these are great especially if you are trying to come up with something last minute.
It is really easy to make and create your own sauce though so if you have time I suggest trying out different flavors and seasonings to come up with your own sauce.
Just keep in mind the type of things that your family likes, if they like sweet then honey and BBQ sauce are great options to mix with your other ingredients. If you like spicy hot sauce and salsa are great choices to use in your recipe.
How to make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Set the time for 20 minutes, cook the wings for 18 minutes, flipping them every six minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 390 degrees and cook for another two minutes on the higher temp.
- While the wings are cooking, heat all of the ingredients for the sauce in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the sauce contents to a small boil, stirring frequently. Once it comes to a boil, remove from the heat and cover with a lid.
- Add the sauce to the cooked wings, tossing them and allow them to soak in the sauce for a minute.
- Remove the wings and serve them sauced or all by themselves.
Personally I prefer to use a creamy Ranch dressing for dipping these wings. I recommend using Marie's creamy Ranch in a jar - usually found in the refrigerated section.
Add a pinch of baking powder to the wings to get them extra crispy.
Wings are fully cooked when the internal temperature of the wings reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Store remaining wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the wings in the Air Fryer on 390 F for 2-3 minutes until reheated to your desire.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer
- 24 wings
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
- ½ cup margarine
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the basket.
- Add the wings, olive oil, and seasonings to a large sealable plastic bag. Seal the bag and toss the wings to coat them evenly with oil and seasonings.
- Place the wings in a single layer into the prepared air fryer basket. Cook on 360 for 18 minutes, flipping the wings every 5-6 minutes. Increase the temperature to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 2 minutes. Use the meat thermometer to ensure the wings are 165 degrees Fahrenheit before removing.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Bring the contents of the wing sauce to a boil, then quickly remove from heat and cover with a lid to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the fully cooked wings to a medium sized mixing bowl and cover with the sauce. Toss the wings to completely cover them, then remove and place on a serving dish.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- To make the wings extra crispy, add a pinch of baking powder to the wings before cooking.
- Consider using different dipping sauces for added flavors. My favorite to serve with these wings is Marie's Creamy Ranch dressing.
- Store remaining wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the wings in the Air Fryer on 390 for 2-3 minutes until reheated to your desire.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.