Air fryer zucchini is the perfect side dish to almost every meal. With just olive oil and basic seasonings, you have crispy zucchini slices that are full of flavor, and easy to make!
This air fryer zucchini recipe only requires four ingredients! You only need to slice them, toss with olive oil, then season, so they can be done very quickly. Because they are so simple to make, they are perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
WHY I LOVE THIS RECIPE
I love this recipe because it's not only easy, but it's also delicious. Zucchini is so versatile, and because it's delicious and easy to prepare, it will be a favorite side dish!
It air fries very quickly, with just a few simple ingredients. A simple drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and perhaps some herbs or garlic can bring out the best in zucchini.
Of course, you can eat this zucchini as a side dish, or you can toss with a marinara or alfredo sauce, and add meat to it, for a complete meal. Whether you're looking for a simple side dish or a main course ingredient, zucchini is a delightful addition to any meal.
- Medium Zucchini- I use medium sized zucchini that are crisp and firm. You can use larger zucchini, or other summer squash, as long as they aren't too thick.
- Olive oil-or avocado oil
- Kosher Salt- and black pepper to taste
Wash and dry each zucchini. Then, slice thinly, no more than ¼ of an inch in thickness.
Place them in a medium bowl and then toss with olive oil until they are lightly are coated. Then, season with salt and pepper, or your favorite seasonings.
Lay the zucchini pieces flat in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Do not stack or overlap, so work in batches if necessary.
Air fry at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, shaking or tossing the zucchini halfway through cooking. Add additional time if necessary, until it reaches your desired crispness or tenderness. Drizzle with a squeeze of lemon juice before serving.
- You can use parchment paper for easy removal, but there is no need to use cooking spray on the basket. Because you coat the zucchini with olive oil, this prevents them from sticking. However, if using a baking sheet, you may want to lightly spray the tray.
- Keep zucchini in a single layer so they can cook evenly on both sides.
- If you slice zucchini rounds a little thicker, you may need to add 2-3 minutes to the cook time.
- I usually use 2-4 medium-sized zucchinis for this recipe. As they air fry, they will reduce in size, but I like to have an abundance of zucchini on our plates with our meal.
- For crispy "chips" slice thinner, and follow the same steps.
I make this zucchini in my Cosori air fryer. Depending on your air fryer, size and wattages, cooking time may need to be adjusted 1-2 minutes.
- I like to keep my veggies simple with a basic spice blend, like kosher salt and black pepper. For extra flavor, you can easily add a teaspoon garlic powder, taco seasoning, Italian seasoning, or even sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or everything but the bagel seasoning.
- For breaded zucchini, try these Air Fryer Zucchini Chips. We make this with breadcrumbs for a coating and they are perfect for dipping in marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
STORING AND REHEATING
Air fryer zucchini is best when it is freshly made. Should you have leftovers, for storage, keep zucchini stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to five days.
To reheat the zucchini, return to the air fryer and air Fry at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 to 5 minutes cook time, until they are warmed.
When selecting zucchini, look for ones that are firm, shiny, without any bruising or blemishes. They should be small to medium in size for a milder flavor and tender texture. Avoid overly large zucchinis, as they can be tougher and have more seeds. Keeping the zucchini a similar size will also help them cook evenly.
It's not necessary to peel zucchini. In fact, the skin is edible and contains nutrients. I leave the skin on when I make them in the air fryer.
Zucchini pairs well with various seasonings and herbs, including garlic, basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary, lemon zest, and Parmesan cheese. Experiment with different combinations until you find your favorite!
MORE AIR FRYER VEGETABLE RECIPES
Whether you use it as a side dish, or a main course vegetable, air fryer zucchini is a delicious, easy choice!
Check out our book, available in stores and online!
Looking for more ideas and others to connect with? Join our Facebook community with over 2 million members and counting!
Jump down to the COMMENT section and tell us what you think about this dish! We would love to help and also appreciate your candid feedback on all of our recipes.
Air Fryer Zucchini
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2-4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and dry each zucchini. Then, slice thinly, no more than ¼ of an inch in thickness.
- Place them in a medium bowl and then toss with olive oil until they are lightly are coated. Then, season with salt and pepper, or your favorite seasonings.
- Lay the zucchini pieces flat in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Do not stack or overlap, so work in batches if necessary.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, shaking or tossing the zucchini halfway through cooking. Add additional time if necessary, until it reaches your desired crispness or tenderness. Drizzle with a squeeze of lemon juice before serving.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.