These air fryer carrots are a simple side dish, that complements almost every meal! Only a few simple ingredients are needed to make this recipe, and they are done in just minutes!
Roasted air fryer carrots are not just a delicious side dish, they are a versatile dish because you can add your favorite seasonings. Salt and pepper are our favorites, but there are so many options, you can change up the flavor every time you make them!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
You will love this air fryer recipe because they are so simple to make, with about a 5-minute prep time. They are a perfect way to serve veggies on busy weeknights, when time is so important.
- Fresh Carrots-cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- or avocado oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Optional Seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, or any other seasoning blends.
Peel and rinse carrots, then pat away excess water with a paper towel.
Cut carrots into 1-3-inch pieces. Try to cut them as close in size as possible.
Transfer sliced to a large bowl, and then toss carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper, until they are well coated.
Place carrots in air fryer basket in a single layer without stacking or overlapping.
Air Fry the carrots at 380ºF for 15-18 minutes. Shake basket halfway through cooking time. Carrots are done when fork tender with a slight crisp. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
I use a Cosori Air Fryer to make this recipe. Depending on the type of air fryer you use, cooking times may need to be adjusted by 1-2 minutes extra time.
If using baby carrots, keep in mind baby carrots will cook much faster than larger carrots, so you need to adjust the cook time. Ingredients listed are for one pound carrots.
Use a vegetable peeler to peel carrots and then cut into even size pieces. If they are similar in size, they will air fry more evenly. If using larger pieces, air frying times may need to be adjusted by adding an extra minute or two.
I try to get medium carrots that are similar in width too. The closer they are in size, the more evenly they will air fry.
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
- For extra flavor, sweeten up this recipe by adding a little maple syrup, brown sugar, or coconut sugar to the carrots.
- Pairing the sweet version of this recipe with a savory main dish will provide you with excellent sweet savory flavor compliments.
- For a few other ways to air fryer carrots, try these air fryer honey carrots and air fryer carrot fries.
- You can add onion powder, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, fresh herbs, and garlic powder.
STORING AND REHEATING
Store leftover carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, return to the air fryer and air fry for 3-5 minutes until heated through.
To get crispy edges on the carrots, make sure you only use a little oil. Using too much oil can cause the carrots to become soggy and not crisp up. Also, be sure you are using fresh carrot for this healthy side dish.
Yes! Some people prefer the taste of butter versus olive oil. Either way, you'll end up with delicious roasted carrots!
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
This easy Air Fryer Carrots recipe makes the perfect side dish and is a delicious way to get more vegetables into your diet!
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Carrots
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Optional: Sprinkle with parmesan cheese after cooking
- Peel and rinse carrots, then pat away excess water with a paper towel. Use a vegetable peeler to peel carrots and then cut or trim into even size pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper, until carrots are well coating with oil and seasonings.
- Transfer the seasoned carrots in Air Fryer basket in a single layer without stacking.
- Air Fry carrots at 380ºF for 12-14 minutes. Shake basket halfway through cooking time.
- Carrots are done when fork tender with a crisp. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If using baby carrots, keep in mind baby carrots will cook much faster than larger carrots, so you need to adjust the cook time. Ingredients listed are for one pound carrots.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel carrots and then cut into even size pieces. If they are similar in size, they will air fry more evenly. If using larger pieces, air frying times may need to be adjusted by adding an extra minute or two.
- I try to get medium carrots that are similar in width too.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.