This Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe has crisp skin on the outside with perfectly fluffy insides. This recipe makes a perfect side dish for almost any meal.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes recipe is so simple and takes minimal effort! The air fryer makes the best potatoes that have a slight crisp on the outside, but are soft and fluffy on the inside. No need to wrap the potatoes in foil and bake.
This easy Air Fryer recipe makes a hearty meal when you top your potato with chili, cheddar cheese, and chopped bacon. They are perfect game-day snacks, or just when you want a quick side dish to your favorite meals like this air fryer filet mignon or air fryer lobster tails.
- Russet Potatoes- medium sized potatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Non-Stick Cooking Spray or avocado oil spray
- Kosher Salt-or coarse sea salt for outer coating
- Ground Black Pepper
- Optional Toppings: Cheese, Bacon Crumbles, Sour Cream, Chives, Chili
I use a Cosori air fryer to make this recipe. Depending on the type of air fryer you use, cooking times may need to be adjusted by 1-2 minutes.
Wash and scrub potatoes before air frying, then pat dry with a paper towel.
Pierce potatoes with fork, to pierce at least 8-10 holes.
Place the potatoes in the Air Fryer basket and gently brush entire potato with oil to coat the outer skin. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper.
Place the seasoned potato to basket to the Air Fryer and air fry at 400ºF for 40-45 minutes cook time. Flip potatoes at least one time during cooking process.
Use oven mitts to remove from basket, as they will be very hot. Serve with a piece of butter, or your choice of toppings.
You can pair this recipe with your toppings of choice. Some of our favorites, include a dollop of sour cream and chives, shredded cheese, bacon bits, barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, green onions, an extra pinch of salt, or any other of your favorite toppings! Top with a Chili like, Stagg Chili, to make it a meal.
- Don't overcrowd: Depending on the size of your Air Fryer, you can put around four medium potatoes or three larger potatoes in the basket. However, you don't want to overcrowd in the oven space or air frying basket, or else they won't cook properly.
- Reheat your potatoes in the Air Fryer instead of putting them in the microwave. This is the best cooking method to reheat because the skin will be crispy instead of soggy.
- I use white potatoes like medium russet potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes when baking potato. Depending on potato size, cooking time may need to be adjusted by 3-5 minutes.
STORING AND REHEATING
You can store your leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
To reheat your potatoes, return to the air fryer and air fry at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, until they are hot in the center.
Yes! For crispy skin potatoes, try this air fryer loaded potato skin recipe.
Because you coat potatoes with oil, they shouldn't stick to the basket.
You are going to love this air fryer baked potato recipe! The fluffy inside of the potato is just perfect!
MORE AIR FRYER POTATO RECIPES
Air Fryer Baked Potato
- 1 Air Fryer
- 4 Russet Potatoes medium size
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and scrub potatoes before air frying, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Pierce potatoes with fork, to pierce at least 8-10 holes.
- Place the potatoes in the Air Fryer basket and gently brush entire potato with oil to coat the outer skin. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned potato to basket to the Air Fryer and air fry at 400ºF for 40-45 minutes cook time. Flip potatoes at least one time during cooking process.
- Use oven mitts to remove from basket, as they will be very hot. Serve with a piece of butter, or your choice of toppings.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.