This Air Fryer Home Fries recipe is a perfect balance of crispy, crunchy flavorful bites of heaven. Tender potatoes, peppers, and spices all cooked together create an incredible dish.
Crispy home fries are both family and budget friendly to make and can be made ahead of time, which is perfect for when you're expecting company.
They are also quick and easy and cook in just 20 minutes.
Home Fries in the Air Fryer
You will love this air fryer recipe because with just a few basic ingredients these potatoes can be on the table and savored by the entire family.
This is a dish that can be used in breakfasts, as sides to main dishes, or made into yummy appetizers.
These home fries will remind you of your family's favorite restaurant because they are so delectable and perfectly cooked every time. Making these for any family gathering regardless of the occasion will be a big hit.
Everyone will want to go home with a recipe card for these crispy home fries.
The best part about this recipe? It uses a LOT less oil than deep frying.
- Russet potatoes - I use three to 4 medium Russet potatoes
- olive oil - for seasoning and for crisping the potatoes
- onion - diced white onion for flavor
- red bell pepper - chopped red pepper for a little sweet and spicy flavor
- garlic powder - a dash ofgarlic powder help with the flavor as well as adds that salty taste to the fries
- paprika - seasoning and color
- ground black pepper - adds flavor and spice
Optional Additional Seasonings:
Consider adding additional seasoning to increase the flavors by using onion powder, chipotle powder, kosher salt, chili powder, seasoning salt, chipotle chili powder, onion salt, or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
How to Make Home Fries in the Air Fryer
Peel potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes, and rinse potatoes in cold water to remove excess starch.
Lay the cubed potatoes out on a cutting board covered with paper towels or a clean towel to absorb excess moisture.
In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, olive oil, chopped red pepper, and chopped onion.
Next add the garlic, paprika, and black pepper into the mixing bowl with the chopped veggies and potatoes.
Toss all the ingredients together until fully coated.
Place the seasoned home fries into the air fryer basket in a single layer allowing adequate space so they cook evenly.
Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes. Shaking the basket halfway through the air frying cooking process.
Potatoes will be crispy and golden brown when done.
Serve while hot.
NOTE: I make this recipe in my Cosori 5.8-quart air fryer. Depending on your type of air fryer, size and wattages, cook time may need to be adjusted an additional minute or two.
- Optional Favorite Dipping Sauces: Because these fries go with almost any sauce, it's really a taste preference. I love spicy chipotle sauce, ranch dressing, tangy western sauce, blue cheese dressing, creamy cheese sauce or with the original sauce ketchup.
- Optional Toppings: I love topping these fries with a bit of parmesan cheese, salsa, chili, shredded cheese, sour cream, or hot sauce.
- Optional Oils: Substitute olive oil for refined coconut oil, avocado oil, vegetable oil, soybean oil, or peanut oil. For Air Fryer Truffle Fries, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of oil infused with truffles.
This recipe will make a few batches of fries, so let each completed batch rest on a baking sheet to remain crispy.
Sweet potato home fries can be made with this recipe (cooking time may need to be adjusted by 2-3 minutes).
What can I serve this dish with?
Enjoy these crispy air fryer home fries with scrambled eggs, topped with sunny-side-up eggs, or mixed into a breakfast casserole with bacon or sausage. These fries also make a delicious side dish with Air Fryer Ribeye, Air Fryer Grilled Cheese, or Air Fryer Chicken Wings.
You can use different types of potatoes for this recipe. I find that russet potatoes work the best, but you can also use yukon gold potatoes or even red potatoes for this dish.
Because potatoes are so versatile, you can make mashed potatoes, homemade tater tots or twice baked potatoes with all the fixings. For unique potato recipes, make spiraled Hasselback potatoes or potato skins.
Storing and Reheating
Store leftover fries in an airtight container or storage bag in your refrigerator for 3-4 days. If you are planning to freeze any leftovers place them in an airtight storage container or bag for up to 10 months. Make sure they are completely cooled prior to storing.
Reheat leftover home fried by placing them in a single layer in the air fryer basket and reheating at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
We love this home fries recipe and hope you do, too! It's one of our favorite versatile dishes that can be served as a side for dinner or with breakfast. It's one we use often!
Looking for other ways to use potatoes? Check out these other potato recipes below.
More Air Potato Recipes:
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Home Fries
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ⅓ cup bell pepper red, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Peel and rinse potatoes in cold water to remove excess starch.
- Then cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- Lay them out on a cutting board covered with a paper towel or a clean towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Combine in a medium bowl the olive oil, red bell pepper and chopped onion.
- Next add the garlic salt, paprika and black pepper into the mixing bowl.
- Toss all the ingredients together until fully coated.
- Place the seasoned home fries into the air fryer basket in a single layer allowing adequate space so they cook evenly.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Shaking the basket halfway through the air frying cooking process.
- Potatoes will be crispy and golden brown when done.
- Serve immediately while hot.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.