Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms are a delicious appetizer for parties or game day gatherings. These mushrooms are a real crowd pleaser, filled with seasonings, cream cheese, cheddar, and bacon.
The richness of the cream cheese and crispy bacon crumbles, makes each bite pop with flavor. They are not only perfect appetizers, but can easily be packed for lunches or snacks.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
Air-fried stuffed mushrooms are a perfect appetizer for a dinner party, holiday parties, or if you just want an easy side dish. Because you only need a handful of ingredients, you can easily make these mushrooms all the time.
These mushrooms are keto friendly and gluten-free, making them the perfect party appetizer for a large crowd. With very little prep time, these mushrooms are done in less than fifteen minutes too.
- mushrooms-white or small Portobello or 4-6 large Portobello mushrooms.
- cream cheese- I love making these with a package of cream cheese, like Philadelphia's. You can substitute a lower fat cream cheese and turkey bacon for a low-fat filling
- bacon-you can also add ground cooked sausage
- shredded cheddar cheese-or your favorite types of cheese like mozzarella cheese or Swiss
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder-or you can use fresh minced clove garlic
Clean mushrooms using cold water and remove any loose dirt. Then, dry mushrooms with a damp paper towel or damp cloth, and remove the tops of mushrooms from the stems and set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat softened cream cheese with the crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic. Stir together until the mixture is well combined and creamy.
Use a spoon to scoop the cream cheese stuffing into mushroom caps, filling the mushroom cavity.
Once all of the mushrooms are filled, lightly spray basket with cooking spray (olive oil spray) or brush the basket with oil, and then gently place the stuffed mushrooms into the air fryer basket in a single layer, without stacking or overlapping.
Air fry the mushrooms at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes, until the tops of the mushrooms are golden brown.
OPTIONAL: Garnish with shredded parmesan cheese, chopped onions, or parsley flakes.
I make this recipe in my Cosori Air Fryer. Because air fryer cooking times can vary, if mushrooms are not golden brown after cooking, add 2-3 additional minutes to air frying total time.
There really is no limit to different varieties of stuffed mushrooms. There are so many options of chopped foods or seasonings you can add to the cream cheese mixture. It's really a personal preference! There are many different ways to make them!
- Stuffed mushrooms can be filled with so many spices and fillings.
- For extra protein, you can add chopped real crab meat, sun-dried tomatoes, cooked ground meat, and any types of cheeses or sauces you want to mix in.
- Chop up green onions to add the stuffing.
The first time you are air frying this recipe, check on the mushrooms after a few minutes. The cheese heats up quickly and can burn.
Save the mushroom tops and sauté for a steak or salad topping.
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
STORING AND REHEATING
Keep leftover mushrooms stored in an air-tight container. Keep refrigerated for 3-5 days.
To reheat, place in the air fryer and air fry at 400 degrees F for 2-4 minutes, until the center is warm.
Most mushrooms are cleaned and packaged, but may still need to be rinsed. Mushrooms should be gently brushed under cool water, to remove any dirt. then dried right away. Do not soak mushrooms.
I prefer the white button mushrooms, Portobello mushrooms, or baby bella mushrooms for this recipe. These types of mushrooms are the perfect bite size, making the best for finger appetizers. If using larger mushrooms, they are still delicious, but could be a side dish instead of an appetizer.
MORE AIR FRYER APPETIZER RECIPES
These stuffed mushrooms are the perfect appetizer! Enjoy the recipe!
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer
- 8 ounces mushrooms stems removed
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 strips bacon or turkey, crumbled
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Clean mushrooms using cold water and remove any loose dirt. Then, dry mushrooms with a damp paper towel or damp cloth, and remove the tops of mushrooms from the stems and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat softened cream cheese with the crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic. Stir together until the mixture is well combined and creamy.
- Use a spoon to scoop the cream cheese stuffing into mushroom caps, filling the mushroom cavity.
- Once all of the mushrooms are filled, lightly spray basket with cooking spray (olive oil spray) or brush the basket with oil, and then gently place the stuffed mushrooms into the air fryer basket in a single layer, without stacking or overlapping.
- Air Fry the mushrooms at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes, until the tops of the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Garnish with shredded parmesan cheese, chopped onions, or parsley flakes.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.