This easy air fryer tomatoes recipe takes eating your veggies to a whole new level! Flavorful Roma tomatoes, seasoned and then fried in an Air Fryer, making savory roasted tomatoes that are perfect!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
You'll love this air fryer roast tomatoes recipe because it only calls for a few simple ingredients, making it a perfect recipe for beginner cooks! This perfect side dish takes very little time to make, making it ideal for busy weeknights or when you want a quick snack!
- Roma or Medium Tomatoes- or you favorite tomato
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Clove, Minced
- Freshly Chopped Rosemary
- Freshly Chopped Thyme
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper - to taste
Wash and pat dry each tomato with paper towels. Then slice in half with a sharp knife, lengthwise.
In a medium bowl, or laying flat on a baking sheet, toss tomatoes with olive oil, then season with garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
Brush the bottom of the Air Fryer basket with olive oil, spritz with cooking spray, or line with a piece of parchment paper. Place tomato slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes. If you want crispier tomatoes, depending on size of tomatoes, add a few additional minutes of cook time.
These tomatoes make a delicious appetizer alone, but here are a few other ways you can use them:
- Top tomato halves with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Chop and used as a garnish or topping for pizza, meats, salads, and soups.
- Serve as a cracker topping or bread topping.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and oil or Olive Tap flavored olive oil, for flavor variety.
- When chopped and added to a stew, chili, or pasta sauce, these tomatoes are delicious.
- Crush or mash these tomatoes to use as a base for your favorite red sauce.
- Make a delicious air fried tomato an cheese sandwich
- I use Roma tomatoes because their size works best. If using a larger tomato such as Heirloom tomatoes, you may want to slice tomato pieces into quarters. If using a pint cherry tomatoes, you can toss them with olive oil and seasonings without cutting them in half. Any kinds of tomato work.
- I use a Cosori air fryer. Depending on the size and wattage of your air fryer, cooking times may need to be adjusted by 1-2 minutes.
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
STORAGE AND REHEATING
You can store the tomatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. They are great cold, but if you want them reheating, you can place them in the air fryer and air fry at 380 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
Yes! One of our favorite ways to use this recipe is to make tomato soup! All you have to do is blend the roasted tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Then, you can add cream or milk or eat the soup as is!
MORE AIR FRYER VEGETABLE RECIPES
Air-fried tomatoes are a great addition to main dishes or by itself as an appetizer! They also make a great snack. You are going to love this recipe!
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Tomatoes
- 1 Air Fryer
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme freshly chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and pat dry each tomato with paper towels. Then slice in half with a sharp knife, lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl, or laying flat on a baking sheet, toss tomatoes with olive oil, then season with garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
- Brush the bottom of the Air Fryer basket with olive oil, spritz with cooking spray, or line with a piece of parchment paper. Place tomato slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes. If you want crispier tomatoes, depending on size of tomatoes, add a few additional minutes of cook time.
- Seasonings and Flavors: Sprinkle some parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, blue cheese, garlic powder, or Italian seasoning!
- Varieties of Tomatoes: You can use several kinds of tomatoes for this recipe. For example, you can use grape tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, Campari tomatoes, plum tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, or whatever type of tomato you like!
- Flavorful Tomatoes: To get super flavorful tomatoes, make sure you thoroughly coat the tomatoes in seasonings so that the flavor can meld with the tomato's juices. In addition, using seasonal tomatoes gives you an amazing flavor on top of added seasonings!
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.