Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are delicious, and I mean DELICIOUS meal. Made with ground chicken breast, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and more. It's a fun twist on dinner and one that's made quick and easy in the Air Fryer.
Sometimes we need to just go to one of the classic meals that you never get tired of, comfort foods that remind you of growing up and home. One of the my favorite comfort foods is Spaghetti and Meatballs.
It reminds me of having dinner at my Grandmas house on Sundays, we had it on the menu many times. Those times with my family are something that I hold very close to my heart.
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
I try to create those memories with my own family now by having dinners together, something they will remember and carry on with their own families.
One of my favorite recipes is Chicken Parmesan, and I love to make it in my air fryer.
These days I try to find healthier alternatives to my favorite meals because as we get older it becomes more important to keep my body healthy so I have energy on my busy days and to keep up with the kids.
I have found that I love these Chicken Parmesan Meatballs. Ground chicken breast is a great choice if you are looking for something leaner than ground beef. Ground chicken is also packed full of protein and lighter in fat and calories.
I was concerned that the ground chicken would taste different but it's better than the beef meatballs to me. It is lighter and doesn't seem to be as greasy. Even my kids didn't notice the difference and that's the true test.
Taste is definitely not sacrificed here.
I am also a big cheese fan and this recipe uses two different types of cheeses: mozzarella and parmesan.
I like to splurge a little on the cheese because it tastes fresher to me but you can use any kind of cheese that you prefer. It's the same with the marinara, you will want to use your family's favorite brand or try something new.
- Ground Chicken Breast
- Bread crumbs
- Italian seasoning
- Ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
In addition to being a healthier choice of meat, cooking the Chicken Parmesan Meatballs in the Air Fryer will save a lot of time. In about 15 minutes you have a delicious meal that your family will love.
How to make Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Do not preheat your air fryer with this recipe.
- Mix the chicken, bread crumbs, egg and seasoning in a mixing bowl.
- Place of piece of parchment paper in the air fryer basket.
- Roll the chicken mixture into nine 2" balls.
- Evenly space the meatballs on the parchment paper in a single layer.
- Cook on 350 degrees for 12 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Top each meatball with a tsp of marinara sauce and then top each with mozzarella cheese. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve over noodles or zucchini noodles with marinara sauce.
Your Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are done once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. It is important to make sure that all meats are cooked to the correct temperature to ensure food safety.
My meat thermometer is one of my most important kitchen tools that I have.
Cook the meatballs on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 14 minutes, adding the marinara and cheese during the last 2 minutes.
Store leftover meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the Air Fryer on 350 for 3 minutes, or until warmed to your preference.
I like to serve these meatballs in a dish over spaghetti noodles and sauce. You can also eat them in hoagie rolls like a sub sandwich, by themselves with toothpicks as appetizers, or even on mini slider buns.
MORE AIR FRYER CHICKEN RECIPES:
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix the chicken, breadcrumbs, paremsan cheese, egg, and seasoning in a small mixing bowl.
- Prepare the air fryer basket with a piece of parchment paper or nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll the chicken mixture into nine 2" meatballs.
- Place the meatballs onto the prepared Air Fryer basket in a single layer, leaving room in between the meatballs. (Do not preheat the air fryer for this recipe.)
- Cook on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes, flipping the meatballs halfway through. Add marinara sauce on top of each chicken meatball and then top with mozzarella cheese. Cook on 350 for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve over noodles, in a hoagie bun, on sliders, or as an appetizer.
- Store leftover meatballs in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat the meatballs in the Air Fryer at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes until warmed to your liking.
- Serve chicken parmesan meatballs on a bed of spaghetti, a hoagie roll, on sliders, or alone as an appetizer.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
I love this idea for chicken meatballs. My son can not eat marinara sauce. If I didn’t top it with sauce would I still need to cook it longer? I would hate to dry them out.
Hey there! Thank you for the question. If you leave off the marinara sauce and extra cheese, you don't have to cook them longer. If you want to add the cheese, but skip the marinara, you can do that but cut the added time down to 1 minute. I hope that helps and I hope you both enjoy them! 🙂
Does it matter if you use ground turkey? Our local Costco sells wonderful ground turkey.
Definitely not! It will be even leaner with more protein. 🙂