This Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is such an easy meal but your family will think that it took hours to cook. This dish is completely cooked in just 10 minutes.
That means less time in the kitchen and more family time.
If you're a part of my Facebook group, you know I have an obsession with Air Fryers. In fact, I have three of them. I use the air fryer for just about everything I make these days. It's simple, easy, and everything always turns out great.
I love Chicken Parmesan, it is one of my top favorite meals but I don't like the time that it takes to cook it. By the time I get everything put together, I'm too tired to enjoy it.
I do order it at my favorite restaurants, but that gets expensive. That's why I love this great recipe that is quick and easy. I also love how healthy it is! The chicken parmesan tastes like it's fried but it's done completely without oil.
What you need to make Chicken Parmesan in the Air Fryer
- Chicken Breasts
- Plain Breadcrumbs
- Italian Seasoning
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
The mixture of panko and plain breadcrumbs will make a lighter and crunchier chicken and you can add your favorite Italian seasoning.
How to make Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the plain breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, and Italian seasoning together in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs until mixed well.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the eggs then cover well with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the chicken into your air fryer and cook for 7 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and put the marinara sauce and cheese on top of them, then put them back into the Air Fryer and cook for another 5 minutes. You'll know it is done when the cheese is melted and turning golden brown.
- Serve over pasta or with your favorite pasta or veggies and enjoy!
TIP: All Air Fryers are different and can cook differently due to different wattages and output. You may need to add more time to this recipe depending on what brand air fryer you are using.
Side Dishes to make
I love my side dishes as much as I like my chicken parmesan. Here are a few of my favorite sides that go well with this dish:
Chicken parmesan should be cooked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in the Air Fryer over 10 - 12 minutes.
Use a mixture of Panko and plain bread crumbs with Italian seasoning for breading.
YES! Chicken parmesan is just as delicious, but WAY easier when made in the air fryer. You will be done with this dish from the air fryer in just 10 minutes.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you are looking for more easy and fun Air Fryer recipes, make sure you head over to our Facebook group where thousands of people share their favorite Air Fryer tips, tricks, and recipes.
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer
- 2 chicken breasts cut in halves
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup panko
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp marinara sauce
- 4 Tbsp mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take both chicken breasts and cut them in half. Use a meat masher and pound down the chicken breasts until they are about ½"-1" thick.
- Mix the panko, breadcrumbs, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Whisk the eggs together in a separate bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture and then dredge the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture. Place them on the prepared air fryer basket in a single line.
- Cook on 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Top each piece of chicken with 1 Tablespoon of marinara sauce and 1 Tablespoon of mozzarella cheese. Place the basket back into the air fryer and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sides.
- All Air Fryers cook differently. Your brand of Air Fryer be different than mine and could take more time or less time for this recipe, depending on the wattage.
- Store any leftover chicken parmesan in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer on 350 for 2 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Serve chicken parmesan with sides such as spaghetti noodles, Alfredo noodles, zucchini noodles, or roasted vegetables.
- Serve leftovers with your favorite sides, or also on a bun as a chicken parmesan sandwich.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.