Have you had a chance to make a hot pocket in the air fryer yet? This crispy golden brown dish makes for a quick lunch and is a great way to make a quick snack. Whether you're making a homemade version or cooking them from frozen, this air fryer hot pocket is one of my favorite simple recipes.
This hot pocket air fryer recipe is a quick way to put lunch or a snack on the table. In less than 15 minutes you can be chowing down on a golden brown, tasty pizza pocket.
It's no secret that the air fryer is my favorite kitchen appliance. The air fryer method makes all of my favorite recipes without the added calories or trans fats that are associated with a deep fryer.
You can make this hot pocket air fryer recipe in a few different ways. The fastest way is making them from frozen, but we will also share how to make them from scratch.
Speaking of frozen, if you like making frozen foods in the air fryer, check out this great list of Air Fryer Frozen Foods.
If you're new to the air fryer, you might also enjoy this list of Beginner Air Fryer Recipes.
What Items Do I Need To Make Hot Pockets in the Air Fryer?
- Air Fryer
- Nonstick cooking spray, olive oil, or parchment paper
- Aluminum foil can also be used, but check your user manual as not all air fryers allow the use of aluminum foil.
- Frozen Hot Pockets
You can find frozen hot pockets in the freezer section of your favorite grocery store.
If you're planning on making air fryer hot pockets from homemade, we will share that recipe further down the post. The air frying cooking method is slightly different, but they're both delicious!
We will share both hot pizza pockets recipes in the recipe card below the post.
- Keeping the hot pockets in a single layer and leaving room between each pocket allows the hot air flow to circulate throughout the air fryer and evenly cook the hot pockets.
- Serve cooked hot pockets with your favorite dipping sauces such as leftover pizza sauce or cheese sauce.
- NEVER preheat the air fryer with parchment paper or foil or it can be sucked up into the heating element due to the circulating air. Always place the parchment paper or foil into the basket after you've preheated the air fryer, just before adding the food.
Easy Frozen Hot Pocket Air Fryer Recipe
Preheat the Air Fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes. Prepare the air fryer basket with olive oil, nonstick spray, or parchment paper.
Remove the frozen hot pockets from the crisper sleeve and place them in a single layer in the basket.
Air Fry Hot Pocket for 11-13 minutes, or until you have a golden brown crispy crust.
Carefully remove the hot pockets from the air fryer and serve alone, or with your favorite dipping sauce.
Note: These air fryer pizza pockets were made with a Cosori air fryer. Different air fryers cook differently. You may need to adjust the cooking time according to your brand of air fryer. If your air fryer is a lower wattage, you may need adjust the cooking temp and time to your specific brand.
I love this simple hot pocket air fryer recipe, but if you would rather make these homemade, you can do so with just a few simple ingredients.
How do I make an Air Fryer Homemade Hot Pocket?
To make a homemade air fryer hot pocket, you only need a few simple ingredients.
You'll need a can of pizza dough, or you're own homemade pizza dough, or puff pastry, mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, small pepperoni slices, and egg and water to create an egg wash and help seal the pockets.
Mix the egg and water together to make the egg wash.
Use a large cookie cutter to cut the dough for the pockets. Top the dough with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperonis, and then top them with another piece of dough.
Use the end of a fork to seal the edges of the hot pocket. Brush the tops of the hot pocket with the egg wash.
Place the hot pockets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry pizza pockets at 350 degrees F with a cook time of 6-8 minutes or until they are golden brown and with a light crispy crust. Carefully flip the homemade hot pockets halfway through the cooking process.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Hot Pocket Air Fryer FAQs
How do I store leftover hot pockets?
Store any remaining hot pockets in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat hot pockets, place them back into the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until heated through.
What additional ingredients can I add to a homemade hot pockets recipe?
Just like with a homemade pizza, you can add your favorite pizza toppings to the inside of the hot pocket. Consider additional wholesome ingredients such as deli meat, ham, pineapple, bell pepper, diced onion, or even mushrooms. It's up to you!
What's the best crust for a homemade hot pocket recipe?
You can use different items such as simple homemade pizza dough, canned pizza dough, puff pastry, and even crescent roll dough. I have found the best texture to be by using the canned or homemade pizza dough, but it's totally your own personal preference.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls from frozen
- Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Ham and Cheese
- Sweet Potato Fries
- French Fries
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Hot Pockets
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2 Hot Pockets Frozen
Homemade Hot Pocket Ingredients
- 1 pizza dough Pillsbury pizza crust
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup pepperonis
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes. Prepare the air fryer basket with olive oil, nonstick spray, or parchment paper.
- Remove the frozen hot pockets from the crisper sleeve and place them in a single layer in the basket.
- Air Fry Hot Pocket for 11-13 minutes, or until you have a golden brown crispy crust.
- Carefully remove the hot pockets from the air fryer and serve alone, or with your favorite dipping sauce.
Homemade Hot Pocket Air Fryer Recipe
- Mix the egg and water together to make the egg wash.
- Use a large cookie cutter to cut the dough for the pockets. Top the dough with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperonis, and then top them with another piece of dough.
- Use the end of a fork to seal the edges of the hot pocket. Brush the tops of the hot pocket with the egg wash.
- Place the hot pockets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry pizza pockets at 350 degrees F with a cook time of 6-8 minutes or until they are golden brown and with a light crispy crust. Carefully flip the homemade hot pockets halfway through the cooking process.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.