Air Fryer Pistachio Chicken is a delicious, and low-carb meal. The outer coating is the perfect way to add extra a salty and crunchy flavor.
Some might avoid meal planning because recipes are too complicated, or they aren't sure if they will taste good. But making this pistachio crusted chicken in the air fryer is easy, and tasty.
I used roasted and salted pistachios, but there are also other flavors you can use, such as chili flavored pistachios. If you do order the pistachios, be sure to get them already shelled or you will be spending a lot of extra time removing the shells.
Looking for more? Check out this article where we share our favorite top 50 air fryer chicken recipes.
Easy Air Fryer Crusted Chicken
This recipe is SO easy and fast to make. I actually enjoy making this recipe often, and it can easily be changed by trying new mixtures of seasonings each time.
The recipe I used for this chicken is very simple and basic. To make this chicken you will need:
- An air fryer
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- Olive oil, or parchment paper
- salt and pepper
How to Make Air Fryer Pistachio Crusted Chicken
- Cover each chicken breast with desired seasonings, or just salt and pepper.
- Top each piece with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Top with ¼ cup chopped pistachios.
4. Before you place them in the basket, be sure to lightly brush the basket with olive oil, or line it with parchment paper liners. The liners make for a super easy clean up!
5. Once they are in the basket, cook them at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15-18 minutes, depending on how thick your chicken breasts are cut.
This meal is really that simple to make! And you can serve it with your favorite vegetable, like Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts.
Is this meal Keto friendly?
Yes! Pistachios are full of B-complex vitamins, magnesium, fiber, and potassium, all of which are very important when following a low carb meal plan. And best of all, they are full of protein.
Is mayonnaise low carb?
Yes. It has almost no carbs, and it high in fat, so it is perfect for a low carb, diet. Check the label of your brand of mayonnaise, if you are avoiding sugar as well.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Best Oils to Use When Air Frying
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Chicken Tenders
Air Fryer Pistachio Crusted Chicken
- Air Fryer
- 2 6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ cup roasted and salted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cover each chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each piece with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, covering the tops and sides of each piece. Don't worry about the bottom of the chicken.
- Top each piece with ¼ cup chopped pistachios, lightly pressing into the mayonnaise, until the entire piece is coated.
- Cook at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes, depending on thickness.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.