Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts are so crispy and tasty, you WANT to eat your vegetables! These Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are the perfect side dish to have with dinner, and are ready in less than fifteen minutes!
Why I Love Parmesan Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
You will love this delicious side dish recipe, because they are so easy, and it makes the most crispy brussels sprouts. It is a perfect weeknight side dish because it pairs with so many nice meals, like Filet Mignon, Honey Mustard Salmon, Naked Grilled Chicken Tenders, and Pistachio Crusted Chicken.
What are Brussels Sprouts?
The sprouts are a member of the gemmifera group of cabbages and are known for their health benefits. They're not just a low calorie option, but are also a great source of fiber. The best part? It's an easy side dish that's ready in less than fifteen minutes!
Looking to make your favorite oven recipes in the air fryer but not sure of the time and temperature? We've created a conversion calculator that will do it for you! Check out our easy to use oven to air fryer conversion tool.
Fresh Air Fryer Broccoli is also easy to make with just a few simple ingredients, you will want to add this healthy side dish to all of your favorite meals.
What You Need
Making these sprouts is so easy! I use my Cosori 5.8 Quart Air Fryer, and the entire pound of sprouts can easily fit in the air fryer basket. Besides an air fryer, to make this recipe you will need:
- brussels sprouts
- Virgin olive oil
- fresh garlic cloves or garlic powder
- shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
Preparation starts with some simple ingredients.
To get started, trim your Brussels sprouts by cutting off the tough bottom core and discarding any discolored or separate outer leaves.
This increases the surface area of the sprouts allowing them to cook evenly and get nice crispy edges. For best results, cut your sprouts in half, especially if they're on the larger side.
You might want to keep the smaller sprouts whole for variation in texture.
How to Make Crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
To prepare the brussels sprouts, cut them half and then rinse them. Discard any separate outer leaves or any discolored leaves.
In a medium bowl, combine with a tablespoon olive oil, and minced garlic or garlic powder.
Toss the ingredients together, coating the sprouts with olive oil.
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, then pour the sprouts in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure they aren't bundled and over lapping or they won't be tender and crispy.
Air fry at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway. Sprinkle the sprouts with parmesan cheese over the top of the cooked sprouts, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes cooking time until the cheese begins to melt.
Season cooked Brussels sprouts with ½ teaspoon kosher salt and a ½ teaspoon black pepper and serve.
NOTE: Because air fryer temperatures, wattages, and sizes vary, you may need to adjust the cook time. If you use a smaller air fryer, you may need to cook in batches.
- For crispy air fryer brussels sprouts, you will need fresh brussels sprouts, virgin olive oil (or avocado oil for a little different touch)
- Fresh Brussels sprouts are typically larger than frozen Brussels sprouts, so you may need to adjust the cooking time if you're using frozen sprouts.
- For a hint of heat, you can sprinkle some red pepper flakes, and a squeeze of lime juice adds a refreshing zest.
- You can add almost anything to brussels sprouts! For a delicious balsamic glaze, try Bertolli's. Or you can easily make your own!
To do this, combine ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Then pour the glaze over the sprouts before cooking. Chopped pecans and cranberries, bacon crumbles, are just a few other small touches you can add to the sprouts.
Storage and Reheating
- Storage. Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for 3-4 days.
- Reheating. To reheat, place them in an air fryer basket, and air fry at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-4 minutes or until they are heated through.
To prepare sprouts for cooking, you should cut the stems off. If some of the sprouts are small, I just leave them, but if they are larger sprouts, I cut them in half. It makes them easier to eat if they are bite size.
If you have already coated them with a very light coating of olive oil they shouldn't stick to the basket at all.
Ensure the sprouts aren't overcrowded in the air fryer basket. Dry them thoroughly after washing, and toss them in a light coating of oil before air frying.
Yes! Popular additions include garlic powder, onion powder, balsamic vinegar, Parmesan cheese, bacon bits, or crushed red pepper.
Brussels sprouts are some of my favorite recipes to make in the air fryer. It's a delicious side dish the whole family loves.
If you loved these Brussel sprouts, you might also enjoy a few of our other favorite vegetable side dishes.
MORE VEGETABLE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees
- While the air fryer is preheating, cut the brussel sprouts in half and rinse.
- Place the brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl, and add in the olive oil and minced garlic. Toss the ingredients together until the brussel sprouts are coated.
- Place the prepared brussel sprouts in the basket, and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Air fry on 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the cooked brussel sprouts and return to the air fryer for one to two minutes, until melted.
- Serve while warm.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.