Air fryer frozen green beans are crispy and full of flavor. Air frying straight from frozen, they are perfect veggies for the dinner table.
If you are looking for more vegetable air fryer recipes, try air fryer frozen broccoli, air fryer cauliflower steaks, air fryer frozen okra, air fryer parmesan brussels sprouts, or these air fryer carrots.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
Making frozen vegetables in the air fryer has to be the easiest way to make crispy, juicy, and tender vegetables. This green beans recipe is also a healthy side dish. They can be ready in less than 15 minutes total time, making them perfect for busy weeknights.
- frozen green beans (or two 8 ounce bags)- like Bird's Eye frozen green beans
- virgin olive oil- melted butter or sesame oil can also be used.
- garlic powder-or fresh garlic
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F
The only prep for these green beans, is to add them to a large mixing bowl, and toss with olive oil or melted butter, until they are coated.
Add in the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, then toss the green beans again to season.
Transfer seasoned green beans to the preheated air fryer basket, spread evenly in a single layer.
Air fry frozen green beans at 380 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, until tender and they reach your desired crispness. Shake basket or toss during air frying.
- For extra flavor for your air-fried green beans, drizzle with soy sauce, fresh lemon juice, or top with parmesan cheese, blue cheese, goat cheese, or melted cheese sauce.
- If you can't have dairy, sprinkle nutritional yeast on your green beans for a cheesy flavor.
- Change up the flavors with your favorite seasonings. Just a few additional seasoning ideas:
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- chili powder
- bagel seasoning
- red pepper flakes
- or just sprinkle extra salt & pepper to taste
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
If you want to make these with thawed green beans, you can rinse them in water until they defrost. Just lower the air frying time by a few minutes.
I make this recipe in my Cosori air fryer. Depending on your air fryer, size and wattages, cook time may need to be adjusted by an additional 2-3 minutes of cook time.
STORAGE AND REHEATING
Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3-5 days.
To reheat, return to the air fryer, and air fry at 380 degrees F for a couple of minutes, until warmed.
Green beans are naturally gluten-free and vegan. Depending on quantities, they are also low in calories, and pretty low-carb! For all of the nutrition info, look below the recipe card.
Since you are tossing the green beans in olive oil, there is no need to spray the basket.
MORE AIR FRYER VEGETABLES
This green beans recipes is also a healthy side dish, that can be ready in less than 15 minutes total time, making them perfect for busy weeknights.
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- 1 Air Fryer
- 16 ounces frozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter or sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F
- The only prep for these, it to add them to a large mixing bowl, toss the green beans with olive oil or melted butter, until they are coated.
- Add in the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, then toss with the green beans to season.
- Transfer seasoned green beans to the preheated air fryer basket, spread evenly in a single layer.
- Air fry frozen green beans at 380 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, until tender and they reach your desired crispness. Shake basket or toss during air frying.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.