Air fryer frozen okra makes delicious and crispy okra in just minutes. It's a perfect side dish, snack, or appetizer, and will easily become one of your favorite recipes!
Air frying frozen breaded okra is such an easy way to enjoy this classic side dish. Each bite has a crispy texture and soft interior, making them perfect for dipping in ranch or serving with your favorite dinner dishes.
WHY I LOVE FROZEN OKRA
Even if you've never been a fan of okra, you will love this fried okra. When you make it in the air fryer, it eliminates the slimy texture that okra pieces can sometimes have, but without the deep frying. The additional flavor from the breading, or extra seasonings, makes this delicious!
And, with the breaded coating on the small bite size pieces adds an extra crunch texture to okra. So the next time you’re looking for a quick and tasty side dish, try air frying your frozen okra for the perfect appetizer or snack!
• frozen okra- 12 ounces okra
• Cooking spray- or a teaspoon olive oil or avocado oil
• Optional: Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat air fryer to 400°F
Place the frozen okra in the air fryer basket. Keep them in a single layer and spread it out evenly.
Spritz the okra pieces lightly with cooking spray or oil of your choice. I give the okra a light spray before air frying so it would crisp up a little more.
Air fry okra at 400 degrees F for 8-12 minutes, or until it is a golden brown color and crispy on the outside. Shake basket after 6 minutes of cook time.
Once they are done, remove from the air fryer and enjoy! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch dressing, marinara sauce, or honey mustard.
Because okra is so versatile, use different spices and seasonings to give your okra extra flavor. Try adding some turmeric for a nutty flavor, or paprika for smoky heat.
Sprinkle some garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper, or Cajun seasoning onto the okra before cooking. This will give it an extra kick!
You can dip the cooked okra into your favorite sauces such as ranch, BBQ, or honey mustard.
- To prevent the okra from sticking together while cooking, spray the basket with non-stick cooking spray before adding the frozen okra.
- Before air frying, sprinkle additional spices and seasonings to create unique flavors for your air fryer okra. Have fun with it and find your favorite combination!
- I make this recipe in my Cosori air fryer. Depending on your air fryer size and wattages, air frying time may need to be adjusted by 1-2 minutes of cooking.
STORING AND REHEATING
Let the air-fried okra cool first, and then place in an airtight container or zip-top bag. Keep inside a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, just place the okra in air fryer, and air fry at 400 degrees F for a few minutes, until it is warmed through. It will crisp right back up again!
Certainly! The air fryer is a great way to cook frozen foods, including okra. Air frying makes things crispy and doesn't require thawing.
Typically, frozen okra takes 8-10 minutes to cook in an air fryer. Because this can vary depending on the size of your pieces and the wattage of your air fryer, check your okra at 8 minutes to ensure it doesn't over-cook. For larger pieces, you may need to increase the cooking time.
You can absolutely make crispy air fryer okra from fresh or frozen cut okra (non-breaded frozen okra). Just follow this air fryer okra recipe!
This recipe keep things easy, with zero prep time, which is why frozen breaded okra is the easiest way to go!
But, if you want to make it from scratch, you would need to dip okra pods in a small bowl of flour, then in a shallow bowl with whisked eggs, and finally, dip in breadcrumbs. Air fry until golden brown and crispy. For gluten-free breaded okra, use a cornmeal mixture.
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
MORE AIR FRYER FROZEN VEGETABLES
With air fryer frozen okra, you can enjoy this crispy vegetable without the oil from a deep fryer. Give it a try today!
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Frozen Okra
- 1 Air Fryer
- 12 ounces frozen breaded okra
- Cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F
- Place the frozen okra in the air fryer basket. Keep it in a single layer and spread it out evenly. Make sure to leave some space between pieces, as this will help them cook more evenly.
- Spray the okra pieces lightly with cooking spray or oil of your choice. I give the okra a light spray before air frying so it would crisp up a little more.
- Air fry okra at 400 degrees F for 8-12 minutes, or until the okra is a golden brown color and crispy on the outside. Shake basket after 6 minutes of cook time.
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch dressing, marinara sauce, or honey mustard.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.