I love easy air fryer recipes and this frozen chicken breast in air fryer is one of the best! You can cook this dish easily with just a handful of seasonings and in less than 30 minutes.
Why I Love This
- Quick. From freezer to table in 20 minutes!
- Simple. This recipe with very little prep work is needed. Literally freezer to air fryer!
- Easy clean-up.
- Versatile. Chicken goes with practically everything
Juicy chicken breast is guaranteed to become your new favorite dinner staple. From freezer to air fryer with no thawing time in between, the frozen chicken breasts cooks beautifully.
Every mouthful is deliciously browned, tender, and juicy. And, thanks to many seasoning options, these frozen chicken breasts can be served with your favorite side dishes helping you to create a delicious, easy chicken dinner.
You know we love our juicy air fryer chicken recipes here at Air Frying Foodie. If you love this recipe, you might also enjoy our fresh air fryer chicken breast recipe, air fryer chicken cutlets, air fryer chicken legs, air fryer chicken casserole, and air fryer chicken thighs.
Looking for more? Check out this article where we share our favorite top 50 air fryer chicken recipes.
If you like freezer meals like this one, another quick and easy snack or dinner are these frozen mini tacos. They're also made in just minutes!
Our whole family enjoys delicious chicken made in the air fryer and this Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast recipe is one of the easiest. If you're looking for an easy chicken dinner, look no further.
Don't worry if you didn't prep and thaw your chicken because you can easily cook chicken in the air fryer from frozen.
Before we get started, let's talk about some air frying basics.
Why Air Frying?
Air Fryer chicken is much healthier than deep frying foods. It's a healthier way to cook meals because you are using fewer oils which means fewer fats and calories in each dish.
That makes this healthy chicken perfect for meal preps and to be served along with your other favorite healthy dishes.
How does the Air Fryer work?
Air Fryer work using a heating element and a fan that blows hot air that in turn cooks the foods in the air fryer. The "trick" is that it tastes just like deep fried foods, but they're much healthier.
TIP: When making this chicken recipe, the time is going to be dependent on the thickness of your chicken breast. Please note that if you use the cooking time for a thicker chicken breast and your chicken breast is thin, you're probably going to end up with a dry piece of meat. Make sure to see the cooking times for the thickness in the recipe card below.
Make sure you have a meat thermometer on hand to ensure the chicken is fully cooked before removing it from the air fryer basket.
- Air Fryer. I like to use the Cosori Dual Blaze air fryer.
- Small bowl. To combine the seasonings for the rub.
- Tongs. To add and remove the chicken from the air fryer.
- Instant read thermometer. So you can make sure the chicken has reached the appropriate internal temperature.
- Serving dish. To serve this yummy chicken!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts. If you have a larger air fryer, you may fit more.
- olive oil or avocado oil. Choose your favorite or the one you have on hand.
- paprika. Gives this chicken a delicious wholesome taste.
- ground black pepper. A seasoning staple.
- sea salt. A little stronger than table salt, and we like how that tastes!
- garlic powder. Gives the chicken a delicious and light garlic flavor.
How to Make Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer basket with olive oil or a nonstick cooking spray if needed.
Cover the chicken with olive oil. Add the seasonings together in a small bowl to combine.
Rub the seasoning onto the chicken breasts until they are coated on both sides. Place the seasoned and coated chicken breasts in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Air Fry for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for a further 5-7 minutes cooking time.
Use a digital instant read thermometer to ensure the thickest part of the chicken breasts internal temperature reaches 165°f.
Remove the chicken breasts from the air fryer basket and serve with your favorite side dishes.
Note: This recipe was made using a Cosori air fryer. All air fryers cook differently, and you should always carefully rest a recipe before setting the cooking time and walking away. A thinner cut of chicken breast will use less time than a thicker cut, so for best results make sure to check out the chart below in the recipe card for the perfect juicy chicken breast.
- Storing. If you happen to have leftover chicken breast, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating. When ready to reheat, pop a few backs into the air fryer at 360 degrees for 2 or 3 minutes or until heated through. This is great for those of you who like to meal prep.
- Size. Use chicken breasts that are similar in size. This will ensure that they will all be ready about the same time.
- Arrange. Chicken should be arranged in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Batch cook if needed. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook chicken breast in batches to keep from overcrowding.
- Prepare ahead of time. Prepare the spice mixture before taking the chicken out of the freezer. The ice on the frozen chicken keeps the spices from falling off.
What To Serve or Pair With
When it comes to side dishes for frozen air fryer chicken, the options are endless. Here are a few of my personal favorites!
Store any remaining leftover chicken breasts in an airtight container. Use leftovers for meal prep such as tacos, taco bowls, fajitas, and more.
I love to use smoked paprika, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. You can also use Italian seasoning, blackened seasoning, lemon pepper, or your favorite seasoning blends.
Yes! It is safe to take chicken directly from the freezer and place it into the air fryer.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it's low carb and full of protein.
I love easy weeknight meals and this is one of my favorite recipes. If you're looking for more recipes, you might also enjoy these below!
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Frozen Chicken Breast Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer basket with olive oil or a nonstick cooking spray if needed.
- Cover the chicken with olive oil. Add the seasonings together and rub the chicken breasts until they are coated on both sides of the chicken breasts. Place in the coated skinless chicken breasts in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Use a digital instant read thermometer to ensure the thickest part of the chicken breasts internal temperature reaches 165°f.
1 inch thick: about 15 minutes
1 ½ inches: about 20-22 minutes
2 inches: about 28–30 minutes Store any remaining leftover chicken breasts in an airtight container. Use leftovers for meal prep such as tacos, taco bowls, fajitas, and more. I love to use smoked paprika, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. You can also use Italian seasoning, blackened seasoning, lemon pepper, or your favorite seasoning blends.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.