This air fryer zucchini chips recipe is so easy and full of flavor. A perfect snack that takes just minutes to prepare and cook.
This simple and crispy recipe makes a fast appetizer if company happens to drop by unannounced or a as a vegetable side dish with one of your favorite meals.
- zucchini- cut into slices
- all-purpose flour
- bread crumbs- or panko bread crumbs
- kosher salt
- black pepper
How to make Air Fried Zucchini Chips:
Rinse zucchini and dry with paper towels, removing all excess moisture. On a cutting board cut zucchini into ¼-inch-thick round slices. You can also use a mandolin slicer for perfect uniform cuts. You will have approximately 2 cups of zucchini.
In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir together. In a separate, medium bowl, toss zucchini with flour. In a third bowl, crack eggs and whisk together.
Using just one hand dredge floured zucchini slices into whisked eggs, and then, into the breadcrumb or panko mixture.
Place each coated zucchini chip in a single layer into air fryer basket that has been lightly sprayed or lined with air fryer parchment paper. Then lightly spray battered chips with olive oil cooking spray.
Work in batches and air fry at 380 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, turning the chips halfway through cooking time. Chips will be golden brown and crunchy.
I make this dish in my Cosori 5.8 qt. air fryer. Depending on your air fryer oven, size and wattages, cooking time may need to be adjusted 1-2 minutes.
Whatever your favorite seasoning mix is, whether its store bought, or a flavor profile mix you made will be delicious and taste wonderful. Breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes make a blend with a light kick of spice. A slightly tart chili lime seasoning or a savory Cajun seasoning are all wonderful flavor profiles to enjoy.
These zucchini chips are best eaten when outsides are crispy. However, you can store leftover chips in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container. Use air fryer to warm until maximum crispiness is attained.
Swap the all-purpose flour with arrowroot, tapioca, almond or coconut flour. The amount of flour will remain the same to toss zucchini in. For gluten free alternatives, replace breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese or a mix of grated cheeses, they will still be crunchy and tasty.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse zucchini and pat dry with paper towels. On a cutting board cut zucchini into ¼-inch-thick round slices. You will have approximately 2 cups of zucchini.
- In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir together.Fill a separate bowl with flour and in a third bowl crack eggs and whisk together.
- Next dredge zucchini slices individually into flour, then eggs, and lastly into the breading mixture.
- Place each coated zucchini chip in a single layer into air fryer basket that has been lightly sprayed or lined with air fryer parchment paper. Then lightly spray battered chips with olive oil cooking spray.
- Air fry at 380 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, turning the chips halfway through cooking time. Chips will be golden brown and crunchy.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.