This air fryer Cajun shrimp recipe is so mouthwatering and bursting with flavor! Within minutes you will have perfectly seasoned shrimp for a great weeknight dinner.
Cajun shrimp recipe is full of protein, low in calories, and perfect for low carb and keto meal plans. These shrimp are so easy to make with very little prep time, and are perfect to have as a meal, or top a salad. They also make a delicious shrimp appetizer that is sure to be a hit for a dinner party, backyard barbeque or potluck.
If you want to try more Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes, you will love Garlic Butter Shrimp, Bang Bang Shrimp, or Bacon Wrapped Shrimp.
- shrimp- peeled and deveined
- olive oil
- Cajun seasoning-homemade or you can use a mix, like Louisiana Fish Fry Brand Cajun Seasoning
- garlic powder
- chili powder- or cayenne pepper for an extra kick
- dried thyme
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- kosher salt
- black pepper
How to make Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp:
If your fresh shrimp is not already, you will need to peel off outer shell and remove shrimp tails, then devein shrimp (gently cut down the back of shrimp and remove black vein). Then gently rinse shrimp. Place on paper towels to absorb moisture.
Add shrimp to a large bowl, and toss with oil and seasoning blend until evenly coated.
Place prepared shrimp in the air fryer basket, without stacking, and air fry at 370 degrees F for 8 minutes. While cooking shrimp, shake the basket halfway through for even cooking.
Serve immediately while hot.
I make this dish in my Cosori 5.8 qt. air fryer. Depending on your air fryer size and wattages, or if using extra jumbo shrimp, or small shrimp, cooking time may need to be adjusted 1-2 minutes.
Optional: garnish with lots of colorful vegetables, a lemon wedge, serve over a bowl of basmati, white or long grain wild rice. Or as an appetizer with a spicy aioli, serve with a refreshing yogurt lemon dipping sauce or simply eat as perfectly spiced shrimp.
Optional for different flavor: Using different spice blends is something I enjoy while cooking in the kitchen. Some warm Indian spices that I use are curry powder, garam masala, red chili blends and tandoori masala. Another blend of spices that is packed with flavor is fresh lemon juice, pinch salt and Szechwan pepper. If you're a hot pepper sauce lover like my husband, toss shrimp in any spice or flavored jar sauce you have in your refrigerator.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl until fully combined. if you have extra or make a double batch you can store in an airtight mason jar, empty spice jar or storage bag and use at a later date for this quick shrimp recipe, chicken breasts or thighs to roast or rub on a pork roast and barbecue.
Frozen shrimps are always nice to have on hand for a quick meal and are a great time saver. When bought in the store they are pre-peeled and already deveined shrimp which makes meal prep much faster. You can find them in your freezer section at your local grocery store in small, medium or large sized shrimp.
Follow the above recipe for cleaning and dry rubbing shrimp with spice blend. Then freeze in an airtight container or freezer storage bag freeze for up to 9 months. If refrigerating cooked shrimp store as if you were freezing them for 3-5 days.
MORE SEAFOOD AIR FRYER RECIPES:
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Are you on Instagram? Follow along and TAG US @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- If not already, peel off outer shell and remove shrimp tails, then devein shrimp (gently cut down the back of shrimp and remove black vein). Then gently rinse shrimp. Place on paper towels to absorb moisture.
- Add shrimp to a large bowl, and toss with oil and seasoning blend until evenly coated.
- Place prepared shrimp in the air fryer basket, without stacking, and air fry at 370 degrees F for 8 minutes. While cooking shrimp, shake the basket halfway through for even cooking.
- Serve immediately while hot.
- creamy pasta dish with wilted kale or spinach
- cauliflower fried rice is a lighter option than rice or pasta for a healthy meal
- A Louisiana inspired dish shrimp and grits with the addition of andouille sausage is a southern comfort meal.
- take-out dish ideas are shrimp stir fry with lots of local fresh vegetables like yellow squash, green or red bell peppers and and a sliced medium zucchini are tasty.
- shrimp with broccoli garlic sauce is super savory and spicy.
- This dish is wonderful by itself, served with fresh lemon wedges.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
Leave a Reply