This Air Fryer Halibut recipe makes juicy fish filets full of flavor and spice. All you need is a few simple ingredients, and you can will have a classic fish family favorite.
Why You'll Love This Air Fryer Fish Recipe
Halibut is a white fish, low in carbohydrates and calories, but packed with protein. You will love this healthy fish dinner recipe for several reasons.
Because there is almost no prep time, it is perfect for busy people who want to eat healthily but don't have a ton of time to prep meals. This fish recipe is a fantastic dish that is perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
Ingredients Needed to Make Air Fryer Halibut
- Halibut Fillets- I use 2 filets-6 ounces each, fresh halibut filets
- Olive Oil- or Olive Oil Spray
- Chili Powder-for an extra bit of heat, you can use cayenne pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
How to Make Air Fryer Halibut
Lightly rinse and pat halibut dry with paper towels.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Before air frying, brush each halibut fish fillet with olive oil or olive oil spray on both sides and then coat fish with seasonings.
Place fillets in a single layer in Air Fryer Basket.
Air fry at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish fillets. If using thicker fish, you may need to add 1-3 minutes extra cooking time.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
One of our favorite ways to eat this recipe is by pairing this white fish with wild rice and lemon wedges! Top with fresh parsley or chopped green onion for color.
You can add of any of your favorite spices, such as McCormick's garlic powder, lemon zest, onion powder, goat cheese, or lime juice to this recipe to give it extra flavor. Some of the best sauces to pair with this recipe are tartar sauce, mango salsa, hot sauce, creamy Parmesan sauce, and Tzatziki sauce!
Absolutely! Grab some tortillas, mango or regular salsa, some coconut rice, and you've got yourself some delicious fish tacos! You can also use taco seasonings on the fish, depending on your individual preference.
I love making this recipe with fresh ingredients, but air fryers are masters with frozen foods. If using frozen fillets, or coated fish, add 1-3 minutes to cooking process, depending on thickness of the filets.
You can store the halibut fillets in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze them for up to six months.
MORE SEAFOOD AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Halibut
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2 Halibut Filets about 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Begin by lightly rinsing and then pat each piece of fish dry with paper towels, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Stir together to combine.
- Brush each filet with olive oil on both sides, or use olive oil spray, and then sprinkle to coat with seasoning mixture.
- In a single layer, without overlapping, place halibut in air fryer basket, without overlapping.
- Air Fry at cooking temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for 5-6 minutes, until golden brown.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.