Air Fryer Swai Fish is made in just ten minutes. This blackened fish recipe is delicious and easy and perfect for those who are trying to eat healthily and count macros!
Why I Love Swai Fish
Not long ago I got really serious about my health journey. I started tracking my macros and looking for things to cook that were healthy and easy to make.
Enter in Swai. A 4oz filet of Swai is just 100 calories, 0 carbs, 0.3 grams of fat, and a whopping 21 grams of protein. That's healthy and perfect no matter what diets you're on.
Swai fish is a moist and tender fish that turns white after cooking. It's also a mild fish that's perfect for someone who is looking for something other than catfish.
If you love this dish, you might also enjoy our other air fryer seafood recipes.
Swai Fresh Fish Fillets
You won't find any butter in this recipe because we want to keep it simple and healthy as intended.
In order to get my Swai ready for cooking, I like to rinse the fillets and then pat them dry with paper towels.
I purchase a package of frozen fish fillets at the grocery store. I'll then grab how many I want to make and allow them to thaw for 30 minutes at room temperature.
How to Make Air Fryer Swai
1. Preheat the Air Fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer basket with olive oil spray, non stick cooking spray, or parchment paper.
2. Brush olive oil onto both sides of the fish fillets. Sprinkle blackened seasoning onto both sides of the fish.
3. Place the coated fish fillets into the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for 3 minutes, and flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes for a total of 10 minutes.
4. Serve with your favorite side. Keep things healthy by opting for sweet potato, fresh vegetables, or salad.
Swai Fish is a farmed white fish, also known as a Vietnamese Catfish. It is moist and tender and has a mild flavor. The meat of the fish turns white after cooking.
Yes! If you are counting macros and looking for something low in calories and high in protein, Swai is a great choice. There are also 0 carbs and very low fat content. A 4oz filet typically has 21 grams of protein, no carbs, and 0.3 fats with only 100 calories.
I love to serve other healthy items such as salad, sweet potatoes, and roasted vegetables.
You can add breadcrumbs to Swai fish but the breading will definitely add more carbs to the recipe. Choose a breading that works for your diet if you are counting macros.
A Swai Fish filet is cooked at 390 degrees Fahrenheit and is done in just 10 minutes.
Fish in the Air Fryer is perfect. It's light and tender on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside. It's also healthy because, well, it's fish! But it's also healthy because it's made with very little oil and it's much healthier than deep frying.
More Seafood Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Swai Fish
- Air Fryer
- 2 4 oz Swai filets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- blackened seasoning to taste
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer basket with olive oil spray, non stick cooking spray, or parchment paper.
- Brush olive oil onto both sides of the fish fillets. Sprinkle blackened seasoning onto both sides of the fish.
- Place the coated fish fillets into the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for 3 minutes, and flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes for a total of 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite side. Keep things healthy by opting for sweet potato, fresh vegetables, or salad.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.