There is nothing better than a well-cooked pork chop. Because it is minimally processed it is an excellent source of protein and high in iron and zinc. Now that I've found how to cook them easily in the Air Fryer, I have added pork chops to my bi-weekly menu.
There are so many ways to serve Air Fryer Pork Chops so you never get bored with the same meal. You can get a large pack of pork chops inexpensively so it's great to make several meals with them.
I'll admit that I struggled a bit with cooking pork chops, they always came out dry no matter what I did. They seem to be one of the hardest meats to cook because they are lean cut.
I have certainly overcooked my share of pork chops, I've tried cooking them in the oven, a frying pan and even on the grill and all of them came out too dry.
But after I perfected making them in my Air Fryer things changed! Now I can make them with minimum effort and they taste like they are restaurant-made. You will be surprised at how little effort it takes to make dinner that everyone will love.
Speaking of pork, you might also love this recipe for Air Fryer Country Style Ribs.
What you need:
- Thick Cut Pork Chops
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
These Air Fryer Pork Chops are made only lightly seasoned so that you can personalize them to whatever you would like to make or just eat them as they are with some mashed potatoes and delicious veggies.
What can I make with these pork chops once they are cooked?
Sometimes I enjoy eating a pork chop by itself and sometimes I cut it up or use it to make other dishes, it's a versatile meat that you can enjoy in so many ways.
Here are some great ideas that you can use left over Air Fryer Pork Chops for or just to use after they have been cooked in the air fryer.
- Pork salad
- Pasta shells
Pork Chops can go bad pretty quickly so it's important to use them as soon as you can. They will usually stay good for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. You can usually tell if pork chops are bad if they have a dull color and sour smell.
If you purchase a large package and don't plan on using them immediately it's a good idea to freeze them, they will last in the freezer up to four months.
How to make Air Fryer Thick Cut Pork Chops
This is one of the easiest recipes and the pork chops come out juicy and tender, the way they were meant to be served.
- Put your pork chops on a plate and put the seasoning on top of them
- Cook for 6 minutes at 400 degrees
- Flip the pork chops over and cook another 8-10 minutes
- Make sure they cook until the internal temperature is 145 degrees
Remember that every air fryer is different so you will need to use a food thermometer to make sure they are fully cooked.
Thin cut pork chops can be cooked in less time. Cook at the same temperature for 6 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 6-7 minutes, checking for doneness after 10 minutes.
Pork chops are fully cooked when the internal temperature is 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can store pork chops in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an air tight container. Consider dicing the meat and serving on nachos, or even pork tacos.
Keeping pork chops juicy can be done in several different ways.
1. Bone in pork chops tend to stay the juiciest.
2. Searing the outside of the pork chops before cooking, and then allowing the meat to "rest" after cooking to allow the juices to permeate into the meat again.
3. Not overcooking your dish, and pulling the meat as soon as the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yes! You need to preheat the Air Fryer before you place the pork chops inside to cook. This will help give that natural sear (without the skillet) when the pork chops enter the high heat. And it helps keep the meat juicy, while cooking evenly to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
MORE AIR FRYER DINNER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Roast
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Taco Casserole
Thanks for stopping by and checking out our Air Fryer Pork Chops! I hope you love them as much as we do. Make sure to sign up to our newsletter and grab the free recipes guide, more recipes, and fun tips and tricks with your Air Fryer.
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer
- 3 pork chops thick cut
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the seasonings to a small bowl and then use your hands to rub the seasoning over the pork chops, fully covering the front, back, and sides of each chop.
- Prepare the Air Fryer basket with non stick spray or parchment paper, and then line the pork chops in the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer. Leave room for air circulation between each pork chop.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 6 minutes. Flip the pork chops and continue to cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees Fahrenheit before removing. If needed, add additional time in 2 minute increments.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sides.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.