My favorite food to cook in the Air Fryer is chicken wings. It's easy and there is such a variety of flavors that you can create something new each time.
We love hosting friends to cheer on our favorite football team and these Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings are perfect for serving to a crowd. I serve them with a delicious vegetable tray and everyone enjoys snacking while having fun.
Although I am a foodie, I actually don't like to spend lots of time cooking meals for my family. It is exhausting if I'm in the kitchen for a long time plus I don't get to enjoy time with the family.
That's one of the main reasons that I love my Air Fryer, it cuts cooking time down but the food is just as delicious as if you spent hours making it. After a long day working I am all for anything that saves me time.
You might also enjoy these Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings.
These are great for parties but they are a great dinner as well. You can cook them and the family can eat dinner together or if you are on-the-go they can grab them quickly and get full before a baseball game or dance class.
For dinner I like to serve them with a variety of sauces because they are dippable, but these are actually great on their own, the garlic and honey just explode with flavor.
Some of the sides that I like to serve them with is french fries (cooked in the Air Fryer, of course), Fried rice, macaroni salad and of course, cornbread.
What you need to make Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- 30 chicken wings
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Granulated sugar
- Sriracha sauce
- Soy sauce
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
You will be surprised at how quick you can put these chicken wings together and cook them and because they make 30 wings you get a nice meal.
The prep time is only five minutes and cooking takes 25 minutes, that's easy enough when you come in the door to cook before everyone starts fussing that they are hungry.
Remember that each air fryer is different so cooking time may vary, but as long as you keep an eye on them and check them with a food thermometer you should be good.
How to make Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 360 degrees.
- Put the chicken wings into a large storage bag, add olive oil and toss until the wings are completely coated.
- Place the wings in the Air Fryer for 18 minutes, you will need to toss them every six minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, add the remaining ingredients to a small sauce pan and bring it to a biol. Turn down the heat and all the sauce to simmer for 10 minutes, stir constantly.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and cover.
- After the wings are finished cooking, put them in a bowl and pour the sauce from the pan over them. Stir until they are coated well.
- Spring the wings with sesame seeds before serving.
How do I make wings extra crispy?
To make wings extra crispy, add a pinch of baking powder to the each wing before air frying. They will be extra crispy!
How long do wings take in the air fryer?
On average, a batch of fresh wings takes about 20 minutes to fully cook in the air fryer.
Can I cook frozen wings in the air fryer?
YES! To cook frozen wings, preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil and season the wings as desired and place them into the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the wings and continue to cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until the wings have reached and internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer
- 15 chicken wings cut into wings and drummies
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the chicken wings into dummies and small wings, and place into a plastic storage bag. Add olive oil and seal the bag, tossing until the wings are all fully covered.
- Place the wings in a single layer in the prepared air fryer basket and cook for 18 minutes. Toss the wings every six minutes. After 18 minutes, increase the temperature of the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit for an additional 2 minute cook time, for a total cook time of 20 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, add the remaining ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and allow the sauce to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove the sauce from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- When the wings are cooked, add them to a medium sized mixing bowl and cover in the wing sauce, tossing to cover completely.
- Add the wings to a serving tray and cover with the toasted sesame seeds just before serving.
- To make wings extra crispy, add a pinch of baking powder to each wing before cooking.
- Make sure the wings have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before serving. If needed, add 1-2 minute increments of cook time.
- Store leftover wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until chicken is heated fully through.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.