Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers are a hearty and delicious lunch or dinner that is full of flavor. If you're looking for quick and easy recipes, you can have this dish done from start to finish in less than 30 minutes.
Looking for more easy air fryer recipes? Check out this list of over 100+ Air Fryer recipes. And if you love bell peppers, try this air fryer peppers and onions, air fryer sausage and peppers, or air fryer brats and peppers.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
If you're looking for a fast weeknight dish, you can make this delicious dinner recipe in less than 30 minutes. Not only that, but this is one of those recipes that's perfect to use with leftover rice or ground beef.
For the bell peppers, I like to use all of the colors for this peppers recipe as each one lends a little different flavor to this dish.
- bell peppers - I love to use all colors of fresh bell peppers with this recipe as each one lends a little different flavor to this dish: red, yellow, orange, or green bell pepper
- pound lean ground beef - you can also use ground chicken or lean ground turkey
- olive oil - for sautéing the vegetables
- onion - for added flavor
- minced fresh garlic - for added flavor
- tomato sauce - I love to use homemade tomato sauce when I can get fresh tomatoes from the farmers market, but store-bought is good, too!
- Italian seasoning - to increase the flavors
- cooked rice - I use white rice and brown rice, but you can also substitute cauliflower rice for a healthier dish.
- Colby Jack Cheese - the perfect blend of cheese to top on this dish.
- fresh Italian leaf parsley - another great addition of flavor, but completely optional
Prepare the bell peppers by slicing the peppers in half, lengthwise, and then scoop to remove the insides and seeds.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
Add the tomato sauce and seasoning to the ground meat mixture and combine. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Mix the cooked rice into the ground beef mixture until combined. Stuff the pepper halves with the seasoned ground beef and rice mixture and place the peppers in air fryer, in a single layer without stacking or overlapping.
Air fry at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes of cook time. Once done, open the basket and top the cooked peppers with cheese. Air fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until you have a tender pepper and the cheese is melted. Top with fresh parsley before serving.
I make this stuffed peppers recipe with a Cosori air fryer. If you are using a different brand of air fryer you may need to adjust the cooking time as needed.
Make sure the peppers are not touching so that the heat and hot air can circulate throughout the basket and prevent you from having soggy peppers.
- In addition to ground beef, chicken, and turkey, you can also add in a little Italian sausage.
- If you're wanting to add more protein and fiber to this recipe, consider adding in some black beans and adding sour cream or sliced avocado to the tops of the peppers.
- You can also top this dish with mozzarella cheese in place of the Colby jack cheese.
- This is also a great way to use up leftover taco meat or fajita meats!
STORING AND REHEATING
Store any leftover stuffed peppers in an airtight container, and keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I love to serve this dish with a side salad and breadsticks.
The bell peppers cook perfectly once they are stuffed so you don't need to cook them first.
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use your air fryer oven, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
MORE AIR FRYER DINNER RECIPES
This is a great recipe for a busy weeknight and one that's perfect if you're looking for different ways to use leftovers. It's a family favorite recipe that's always a big hit at my house.
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Air Fryer
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Prepare the bell peppers by slicing the peppers in half, lengthwise, and then scoop to remove the insides and seeds.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the tomato sauce and seasoning to the ground meat mixture and combine. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Mix the cooked rice into the ground beef mixture until combined.
- Stuff the peppers with the seasoned ground beef mixture and place the peppers in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes of cook time. Once done, open the basket, and top the cooked peppers with cheese and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until you have a tender pepper and the cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh parsley before serving.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.