This easy Air Fryer Ham and Potato Casserole is a delicious hot dish, using your favorite potatoes with ham and cheese. This recipe makes the creamiest potatoes, mixed with cheese, ham, onion, and more.
One of our favorite things about holiday dinners are having leftovers! Of course, I like to keep recipes simple, so adding just a few ingredients together, along with leftover ham, and you will have a delicious dinner with cheesy ham and potatoes.
This cozy meal is a perfect weeknight dinner too.
This is the perfect dish to go along with our favorite Air Fryer Easter Recipes.
If you have extra potatoes, you will love a few of our other delicious recipes using potatoes and your air fryer oven. A few of our family favorites are air fryer breakfast potatoes, sweet potatoes, or roasted baby potatoes.
If you like this savory dish, you might also enjoy this homemade air fryer chili pot pie.
Find this recipe along with over 35 others for the ULTIMATE list of Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes.
What you need to make ham and potato casserole in the air fryer
- Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, like Campbells Soup
- milk or chicken broth
- small red potatoes
- cooked ham
- cheddar cheese or Swiss cheese
How to make Air Fryer Ham & Potatoes
First, dice ham and onions, then slice potatoes in half. If using larger potatoes, cut into cubes. In a medium bowl, whisk the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper. Stir together until it's a creamy sauce.
Add in the cut potatoes, diced ham and onion, and one cup of cheese. Toss ingredients together, making sure you coat the potatoes with the cheesy soup mixture.
Once the ingredients are well combined, pour into a baking dish that will fit in your air fryer. For extra cheesy flavor, sprinkle a small amount of cheese on top before cooking. Air fry at 400° Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are soft. Stir the casserole at least two or three times during the cooking process.
Once the potatoes are soft, sprinkle shredded cheddar or swiss cheese onto the casserole, and then return to the air fryer and continue cooking for a couple of minutes, until the cheese melts.
Because air fryers may have different wattages, cooking time may vary by a few minutes.
Can I use other potatoes besides red potatoes?
I use about 2 -3 cups mini potatoes, but you can use any type of potatoes. Gold potatoes or russet potatoes will work as long as you peel potatoes and they are cut into smaller pieces. I suggest smaller potatoes when I make potato dishes because you can leave potato skins on, which saves time.
What other seasonings can I add for flavor?
This recipe only needs a tiny bit of salt and black pepper. If you want to wait until the meal is done, you can season with salt and pepper to your preference, before you eat. You can also add a sprinkle of garlic salt too. Because ham and the mushroom soup are slightly salty, this recipe doesn't need a lot of additional salt.
Can I add other toppings?
Anything with extra cheddar flavor is a family favorite, so we use cheese for topping our layer of potatoes. For a crusty topping, try adding cooked leftover stuffing, or fried onions, and then add a few more minutes of cooking time.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Ham and Potato Casserole
- Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Safe Baking Dish
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup 10.5 ounces
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound small red potatoes cut in half
- ½ cup onion diced
- 2 cups cooked ham diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus additional ¼ cup for topping
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir together until it's a creamy sauce, and then add in the cut potatoes, diced ham and onion, and one cup of cheese.
- Once the ingredients are well combined, transfer them to a baking dish that will fit in your air fryer.
- Air fry at 400° Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are soft. Stir the casserole at least two or three times during the cooking process.
- Once the potatoes are soft, sprinkle shredded cheddar or swiss cheese onto the casserole, and then return to the air fryer and continue cooking for a couple of minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese, cooked stuffing, or dried onions.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.