Air fryer ham and cheese sliders are a perfect mini sandwich for a snack, lunch, or appetizer for game day.
I love making these small ham and cheese sandwiches with King's Hawaiian sweet rolls. They are the perfect bread roll to go with ham and swiss cheese.
These sliders are also a perfect way to feed visiting families, when using leftover holiday ham.
You are going to love these sliders because they are so easy to make in the air fryer. I love serving them at parties, or for game day. If you have a bigger crowd to feed, you can easily make this a double batch.
They are an easy and delicious meal for a weeknight dinner.
Find this recipe along with over 35 others for the ULTIMATE list of Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes.
What you need to make ham and cheese sliders
I am able to fit one dozen rolls in my Cosori air fryer basket. My air fryer oven is 5.8 quart size. If you have a smaller basket you can follow this recipe working in batches.
Besides an air fryer, the ingredients you need to make these sliders are:
- Hawaiian Style Rolls
- slices of ham
- Cheese slices
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Poppy seeds
How to make ham and cheese sliders in the air fryer
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter with the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and poppy seeds.
Once the sauce is made, cut the Hawaiian Rolls in half. Spread mustard on one side of the roll, and mayonnaise on the other side. Fold the slices of cheese and then cut in half.
CLICK HERE to grab the BEGINNERS BOOK of recipes for the Air Fryer!!
Next, place them on the bottom piece of bread and then top with ham slices and then close the slider.
Click Here to Get the Top Ten Air Fryer Questions Answered
Place the rolls, in a single layer, in the air fryer basket, without stacking. Brush sauce over the rolls. Return the air fryer basket into the air fryer and air fry at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 8 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Wondering what oils are best to use in the Air Fryer? Check out this complete list by clicking here.
Can I reheat leftover air fryer sliders?
Yes. Just place them back in the basket, and fry at 300°F for 3-5 minutes, until they are warm.
Can I use different ingredients for meat and cheese?
If you want a meat lovers slider, you can add other deli meats and any type of cheese. You just need to heat them until you have melty cheese. You can do a variety of combination of cheeses too.
Do I have to add mustard and mayonnaise?
This became one of my favorite recipes when a friend made these with horseradish sauce instead of mustard and mayonnaise. They were just as delicious! This is such a simple recipe, you can really add almost any type sauces you like on your favorite foods, and it will be delicious!
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Air Fryer
- 1 package Hawaiian Sweet Rolls one dozen
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup honey mustard
- 12 slices ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the Hawaiian Rolls in half. Spread mustard on one side of the roll, and mayonnaise on the other side.
- Fold the slices of cheese and then cut in half. Next, place them on the bottom piece of bread and then top with ham slices and then close the slider.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter with the brown sugar, Westchester sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and poppy seeds. Stir the ingredients together.
- Place the rolls, in a single layer, in the air fryer basket, without stacking. Brush the sauce over the rolls.
- Return the air fryer basket into the air fryer and air fry at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 8 minutes until the cheese has melted, and the sandwiches are golden brown.
- I have a basket style air fryer so if you have a rack, place the rolls on a baking sheet that will fit in your air fryer.
- Wattage and size of air fryer may change the cooking time. You can add 1-2 minutes as needed, until the cheese is melted, and the bread is golden brown.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
Leave a Reply