Looking for an appetizer that's both delectable and easy to whip up? The Air Fryer Spinach Artichoke Dip is your answer. This creamy, cheesy delight, made with a blend of cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, spinach, and artichokes, is a total crowd-pleaser.
Why You Will Love It
- Quick and Easy: With simple preparation and a cooking time of just 10-12 minutes in the air fryer, this dip is a go-to for last-minute entertaining.
- Deliciously Creamy: The combination of cream cheese, sour cream, and mozzarella guarantees a rich and indulgent experience.
- Versatile: Perfect with a variety of dippers, from tortilla chips to sliced veggies, it’s suitable for all taste preferences.
What Makes It a Great Appetizer
- Universal Appeal: Its creamy texture and rich flavor profile make it a hit among guests of all ages and preferences.
- Healthier Option: Air frying provides a healthier alternative to traditional baked dips without compromising on taste.
- Perfect for Sharing: The communal nature of a dip fosters a shared dining experience, making it ideal for gatherings.
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Sour Cream
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded (plus more for topping)
- Spinach (frozen and thawed)
- Garlic Powder
- Artichoke Hearts
How to Make
Prepping the Spinach: Thaw and squeeze out excess liquid from the spinach.
Chopping Artichoke Hearts: Drain and chop the artichokes into small pieces.
Mixing the Ingredients: Combine cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, and mozzarella cheese.
Adding Spinach and Artichokes: Fold in the spinach and artichokes into the cream cheese mixture.
Ready for the Air Fryer: Transfer to an air fryer-safe dish, top with additional cheese, and air fry at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.
- Choosing the Right Cheese: Use freshly shredded mozzarella instead of pre-packaged shredded cheese. Freshly shredded cheese melts better and doesn't contain anti-caking agents, resulting in a smoother texture.
- Cream Cheese Consistency: Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing. This ensures a smoother blend with no lumps, creating a creamier dip.
- Enhancing Flavors: For an extra flavor boost, consider adding a small amount of grated Parmesan cheese or a pinch of red pepper flakes for a subtle heat. You can also incorporate a dash of lemon juice to add a slight tanginess.
- Spinach Preparation: If using fresh spinach, sauté it lightly to remove moisture and bring out its flavor. This step is crucial whether using fresh or frozen spinach, as excess moisture can make the dip too runny.
- Quality of Artichokes: Use good quality canned or jarred artichoke hearts for the best flavor. Before adding them to the mix, ensure they are well-drained and chopped to the desired size for even distribution throughout the dip.
- Air Fryer Basket: If your air fryer basket has larger holes, consider using a parchment liner or an air fryer-safe dish to prevent any dip from leaking through.
- Topping Variations: For a crispy top, consider adding a layer of breadcrumbs mixed with melted butter over the cheese before air frying. This adds a delightful crunch to the creamy dip.
- Serving Temperature: Serve the dip warm, as it enhances both the flavor and texture. If it starts to cool down, you can quickly reheat it in the air fryer for a few minutes.
- Dipper Choices: While traditional choices like tortilla chips, Triscuit chips, and bread work great, also consider healthier options like carrot sticks, cucumber slices, or bell pepper strips for dipping.
You can prepare this dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, simply air fry it to warm and melt the cheese. This is perfect for entertaining and managing time effectively.
- Cooling the Dip: Before storing, allow the dip to cool to room temperature. Storing it while still hot can cause condensation, which may make it soggy.
- Refrigerator Storage: Transfer the cooled dip into an airtight container. This will help preserve its freshness and prevent it from absorbing other flavors from the fridge.
- Duration: Properly stored, the dip can last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Freezing: While freezing is possible, it's not recommended for cream-based dips like this one. Freezing can alter the texture and consistency, making it grainy or separated when thawed.
- Reheating in the Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Transfer the dip to an air fryer-safe dish and heat for about 3-5 minutes, or until it's warmed through and the cheese is bubbly. This method helps to maintain the dip's creamy texture.
- Microwave Reheating: If you're in a hurry, you can reheat the dip in the microwave. Place it in a microwave-safe container and heat it in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until thoroughly warmed. Be careful not to overheat, as it can cause the ingredients to separate.
- Oven Reheating: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the dip in an oven-safe dish and cover it with aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out. Heat for about 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Stirring: Regardless of the reheating method, ensure to stir the dip at least once during the reheating process. This helps to evenly distribute heat and maintain a smooth consistency.
- Safety Tip: Always ensure that the reheated dip reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, as recommended for safe consumption of leftovers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use fresh spinach instead of frozen?
- Yes, fresh spinach can be used. Simply sauté it first to reduce moisture content.
- Is it possible to make this dip ahead of time?
- Absolutely! Prepare the dip, refrigerate, and air fry just before serving.
- Can I substitute different cheeses?
- Feel free to experiment with other cheeses, like Parmesan or Gouda, for different flavor profiles.
- How long does this dip last in the refrigerator?
- Stored in an airtight container, the dip can last up to 3-4 days.
- Can this dip be frozen?
- Freezing is not recommended as the creamy texture may change upon thawing.
The Air Fryer Spinach Artichoke Dip is not just a treat for your taste buds but also a wonderful way to simplify your entertaining needs.
It's quick, versatile, and absolutely delicious, making it the perfect addition to any party or gathering. So, give this recipe a try and bask in the compliments from your guests!
More Air Fryer Appetizers
Check out our book, available in stores and online!
Looking for more ideas and others to connect with? Join our Facebook community with over 2 million members and counting!
Jump down to the COMMENT section and tell us what you think about this dish! We would love to help and also appreciate your candid feedback on all of our recipes.
Air Fryer Artichoke Spinach Dip
- 1 Air Fryer
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese plus extra for topping before serving
- ½ cup spinach frozen, thawed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts
- Thaw and squeeze out excess liquid from the spinach.
- Drain and chop the artichokes into small pieces.
- Combine cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, and mozzarella cheese.
- Fold in the spinach and artichokes into the cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to an air fryer-safe dish, top with additional cheese, and air fry at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.