These homemade delicious Air Fryer Croutons are perfectly seasoned to make a delicious addition to salads, soups, or even as a snack. Just a few simple ingredients are all you need to make these perfect croutons from scratch.
I love topping my favorite soups or my favorite salad with these homemade croutons. These bread cubes are the perfect combination of flavor.
Just toss them in a medium or large bowl with olive oil and seasonings before air frying them, and you will have the perfect crispy crouton. They are so much tastier than store-bought croutons too!
I like to make these flavorful croutons using Sara Lee's Texas Toast White Bread, or French Bread. You can use your favorite bread type, like rye or sourdough to give the croutons a boost of flavor.
If you are looking for more air fryer recipes using bread, try our Air Fryer Toast, Air Fryer French Toast, or our Air Fryer Bread recipes.
Air Fryer Croutons Recipe Ingredients
- bread slices- slices of fresh bread or stale bread both work well
- virgin olive oil- this gives the croutons the best flavor
- parsley flakes-I use dried parsley flakes
- onion powder
- garlic powder-for more air fryer garlic croutons, you can add a dash more garlic powder
- salt- only a small amount was more than enough so season to your taste
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This air fryer homemade croutons recipe only requires bread, virgin olive oil, and seasonings to make the best croutons. You can use a baguette, fancy bread, day-old bread, bread rolls. regular sandwich bread, or a combination of bread to make this recipe.
Besides cutting the bread slices or loaf into cubes, there is almost no prep time. Cooking time is just a few minutes, so total time is under 10 minutes.
Four slices of bread cut into squares, makes about four cups of bread cubes, and they all fit perfectly into my Cosori Air Fryer Basket.
How to Make Crispy Air Fryer Croutons
To make bread into croutons, begin by picking the type of bread for croutons, and then cut bread into squares using a serrated knife. Cut bread slices into cubes about ½ inch to 1 inch in size.
Place the cubed bread into a large mixing bowl and then pour oil over bread. To season bread, add in onion powder, garlic powder, parsley flakes and salt. Toss the bread, coating each piece with the seasonings and olive oil.
Transfer the seasoned bread cube mixture to the air fryer basket, spreading out as much as possible to avoid overlapping.
Air fry at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-7 minutes until the croutons are golden brown. Shake the basket or toss the croutons halfway through the cooking process.
Store leftover croutons in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag. Keeping them dry, and not in the refrigerator, will help them stay crunchy croutons.
Croutons are the best on top of creamy soups. I love topping my favorite tomato soup, or my favorite salad with these delicious croutons. They are also yummy on top of a warm chili.
Crunchy Air Fryer Croutons can be used as seasoned bread crumbs to make many recipes, like air fryer stuffing, casseroles, meatloaf, bread pudding, and so much more.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Croutons
- Air Fryer
- 4 slices bread cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cut bread into small pieces, about ½ inch to 1 inch cubes. Add bread pieces into a large mixing bowl.
- Toss bread pieces with olive oil until each piece is well coated.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and parsley flakes. Toss with the bread cubes to coat with the seasonings.
- Transfer the coated bread to the air fryer basket, spreading out as much as possible to avoid overlapping.
- Air Fry at 390 degrees F for 6-7 minutes, tossing or shaking the croutons halfway through the cooking time.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
Excellent recipe. After searching and looking through other air fryer crouton recipes, yours looked the best and after making them I can attest they are perfect. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you! I am so glad you liked them!