Air Fryer T-Bone Steak is a delicious tender steak cooked to perfection and packed with flavor! It is an easy and delicious dinner that is ready in less than 20 minutes.
T-BONE STEAK IN AIR FRYER
This air fryer steak recipe is an amazing way to prepare an awesome steak dinner for yourself or your entire family will love. It is great for a weeknight dinner, Friday night dinner with friends or for you to enjoy with a glass of your favorite red wine.
The only thing better than a scrumptious perfect steak dinner is when it is accompanied by a huge fresh salad, a fully loaded baked potato or with a huge dollop of garlic herb butter on top.
- T-bone steak
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
HOW TO MAKE T-BONE STEAK IN AIR FRYER:
Pat steaks dry with a paper towel and rest T bone steaks on the counter or a cutting board for 15-20 minutes prior to cooking because it allows the steaks to reach room temperature so it will cook more evenly.
Lightly brush steaks with olive oil, and then season with salt and pepper on both sides.
Place steaks in basket, without stacking or overlapping.
Air fry steaks at 400 degrees F, for 6-8 minutes on each side, depending on preference of doneness and thickness of meat. Use a reliable meat thermometer to check internal temperature of meat. Garnish steaks with parsley flakes, or with peppercorn sauce.
Let steaks rest for 5-10 minutes before serving because this allows excess juices from steak to redistribute and keep meat super moist.
Steak Doneness Guide
Because it is important to eat properly cooked meat, the surest and safest way to determine doneness, is with a meat thermometer. According to the FDA, proper temperatures for steak doneness after cooking steak are:
- Rare- 125 degrees F
- Medium Rare- 135 degrees F
- Medium- 145 degrees F
- Medium Well- 155 degrees F
- Well Done- 160 degrees F
I make this recipe in Cosori 5.8 qt. air fryer. Depending on your air fryer, size and wattages, cooking times may need to be adjusted 1-2 minutes.
How to make homemade peppercorn sauce:
Of course you can use a store bought sauce like Knorr Peppercorn sauce, but this sauce recipe just makes the steak even better!
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- ⅓ cup brandy
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan sauté the onion, butter, and salt over medium heat until onions soften and become translucent.
- Slowly add in peppercorns, brandy, beef broth, heavy cream, Dijon mustard and cornstarch. Stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir until the sauce begins to lightly simmer and thicken.
- If the sauce is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water or broth at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve over steaks.
Substitutions for Brandy: Sherry, apple juice, white wine, peach juice or apple cider vinegar.
This air fryer recipes pairs well with air fryer roasted butternut squash, brussels sprouts with parmesan, or crispy Yukon gold smashed potatoes.
If there are any leftovers refrigerate in an airtight container or resealable storage bag for up to 3 days. If you are planning to freeze leftovers, wrap each steak in plastic wrap as tightly as you can and then place in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 4 months. Allow meat to fully cool prior to storing.
You can cook any type of red meat in your air fryer as long as it will fit in your basket or tray. Air Fryer Filet mignon, ribeye steak, and New York are a few of the more common steaks will be just as easy to cook as the T-bone in this recipe.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Are you on Instagram? Follow along and TAG US @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer T-Bone Steak
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2 T-Bone Steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel and rest T bone steaks on the counter or a cutting board for 15-20 minutes prior to cooking because it allows the steaks to reach room temperature so it will cook more evenly.
- Lightly brush steaks with olive oil, and then season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place steaks in basket, without stacking or overlapping.
- Air fry steaks at 400 degrees F, for 6-8 minutes on each side, depending on preference of doneness. Use a reliable meat thermometer to check internal temperature of meat. Garnish steaks with parsley flakes, or with peppercorn sauce.
- Let steaks rest for 5-10 minutes before serving because this allows excess juices from steak to redistribute and keep meat super moist.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
Leave a Reply