This air fryer scallops recipe is such an easy way to prepare this dish. And you only need a few simple ingredients. In less than ten minutes you will be savoring this yummy appetizer or quick meal.
WHY I LOVE THIS RECIPE
You will love this air fryer scallops simple recipe because they are quick to cook and enjoy as a wonderful appetizer, which makes a delectable finger food. It is also an impressive dinner to make when there is a special occasion to celebrate.
Scallops are a family favorite seafood recipe and they are done in minutes. They have a succulent tender texture with a rich buttery flavor that everyone will become addicted too. And best of all, they are full of protein and low in carbohydrates.
- Sea or Bay scallops
- Butter, melted- or olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Old Bay Seasoning- or your favorite seasonings like McCormick's seasonings
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
Before cooking scallops, remove any side muscle from the fresh scallops with a sharp knife. Rinse them under cold water, then pat dry with a paper towel.
Place scallops in a medium bowl, then add the butter, garlic, and seasonings. Toss together until the scallops are fully coated.
Spray basket with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Then place the scallops in a single layer into the air fryer basket.
Air fry scallops 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes turning halfway through the cooking process, until scallops are tender and opaque.
I make this recipe in my Cosori Air Fryer. Depending on your air fryer, size and wattages, cooking time may need to be adjusted 1-2 minutes.
Change seasonings and flavors by adding lemon zest, or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, zesty lemon pepper seasoning, Cajun seasoning, Szechuan peppercorns or everything but the bagel seasoning.
Top a pasta dish or salads with scallops.
Melt butter for dipping and serve as a side dish to your favorite seafood meal.
- Bay scallops and sea scallops are the most popular types of scallops you can purchase. Bay scallops are very small and are more commonly used in recipes. Sea scallops are larger and work best for this recipe.
- Dry scallops are the best quality, because they are dry packed without preservatives.
- Soaking the scallops in milk before air frying is said to make them more juicy.
- Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
- Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
STORING AND REHEATING
Store leftover scallops in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to two days. To reheat, drizzle with a little bit of fresh lemon juice or olive oil and air fryer at 350 degrees F for 2-4 minutes until warm.
Scallops go well with a beautiful acorn squash, butternut squash, crispy eggplant or sweet corn on the cob. You can't go wrong with a surf and turf night with a juicy filet mignon or ribeye steak, or pair them with Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp.
If using an instant read thermometer, once the internal temperature reaches at least 120 degrees F, they are ready to eat!
If cooking straight from frozen, add a few minutes to the total time.
MORE AIR FRYER SEAFOOD RECIPES
Scallops are a family favorite seafood recipe and they are done in minutes. Everyone loves these scallops!
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air fryer Scallops
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted, or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic about 2 small cloves
- 1 teaspooon old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Remove any side muscle from the fresh scallops with a sharp knife. Rinse them under cold water and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place scallops in a medium bowl, then add the butter, garlic, and seasonings. Toss together until the scallops are fully coated.
- Spray basket with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Then place the scallops in a single layer into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the scallops 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes turning halfway through the cooking process, until scallops are tender and opaque.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.