Crispy Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp are not only delicious but they are made in just minutes! It takes longer to bread the shrimp than it does to cook them. You'll love this quick and easy Air Fryer Keto recipe.
I love using my air fryer for most of my cooking, and I like to try and eat as healthy as possible. That's why when I can cut the carbs, I do it!
This keto friendly air fryer shrimp recipe is delicious, quick, and super easy to make.
If you love this dish, you might also enjoy our other air fryer seafood recipes.
You might also want to check out this article with over 15 of our favorite air fryer shrimp recipes.
You'll love how fast you can create this dish, and your family will gobble them up in minutes.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
You only need a handful of ingredients and then this delicious air fryer coconut shrimp is ready to go!
- large shrimp (raw shrimp, peel and devein shrimp)
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- coconut flour
- ground black pepper
- smoked paprika
How to Make Keto Coconut Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange three bowls. Add the coconut flour, paprika, salt and pepper to one bowl. Coconut flakes to the second bowl, and whisk eggs in the third small bowl.
- Dip shrimp into the flour coconut mixture, then dip into the egg mixture, and finally dredge shrimp into the coconut flakes. Don't remove the excess flakes. Set aside on a wire rack until you've finished with all of the shrimp.
- Place shrimp in a single layer into the prepared air fryer basket and air fry coconut shrimp for 8-10 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Flip the shrimp halfway through. Cook in batches if needed.
- Add an additional minute of cooking time for extra crispy shrimp.
- Remove when golden brown and serve this crispy shrimp immediately.
NOTE: If you have any "hanging" coconut flakes they will likely brown faster than the shrimp. Air fryers also cook differently and have different wattages. You may need to add or take away time for this recipe depending on the type of air fryer you own.
This is such a delicious and easy air fryer coconut shrimp recipe. You can feel good about eating this recipe if you are looking to cut some carbs from your diet.
FAQs and Substitutions
Coconut shrimp should be cooked in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Due to the different wattages of air fryers, it could take a little less or more time for them to fully cook. It's always good to test a few before cooking them the first time to make sure you have the time exact for your air fryer.
You might also notice that any "hanging" coconut from the shrimp will brown. That's completely normal and can easily be flaked off once the shrimp are fully cooked.
If you're not worried about keeping this recipe keto friendly, you can change things up a bit. For the flour mixture, use all purpose flour and panko breadcrumbs mixed with the coconut flakes to make the shrimp extra crispy. Add a little flavor by sprinkling the shrimp with a little garlic powder before dipping.
I don't personally like to store leftover seafood, but if you have many leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 day. To reheat, place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-2 minutes, or until just heated through.
Use your favorite dipping sauce for this recipe. Here are a few of my favorites:
thai sweet chili sauce, cocktail sauce, orange marmalade, sweet and sour sauce, spicy lemon herb sauce, homemade basil pesto sauce, and Aioli.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! It's one of my family's favorites. I love this healthy coconut shrimp because not only is it delicious, but it's quick and an easy recipe to make.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Keto Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer
- 25 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 ¾ cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray.
- Arrange three bowls. Add the coconut flour, paprika, salt and pepper to one bowl. Coconut flakes to the second bowl, and beaten eggs in the third bowl.
- Dip the shrimp into the coconut flour mixture, then dip into the egg mixture, and finally into the coconut flakes. Set aside on a wire rack until you've finished with all of the shrimp.
- Add the coconut shrimp in a single layer into the prepared air fryer basket and cook for 8-10 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Flip the shrimp halfway through.
- Remove when golden brown and serve immediately.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.