This Air Fryer Lemon Garlic Shrimp recipe perfectly combines the delicious flavors of lemon and garlic. It's so easy to make with almost no prep time!
WHY I LOVE THIS RECIPE
This is a favorite air fryer shrimp recipe. I like to keep shrimp in the freezer so I can make this in a hurry. It's perfect for a quick meal, especially on busy weeknights. But it's also great as a game day appetizer, or salad or pasta topper.
Besides the amazing flavor, this lemon shrimp is full of protein, low in calories, and low in carbs! This makes them a great choice for a healthy shrimp meal.
- shrimp- frozen or fresh shrimp that is medium or large, uncooked and deveined
- unsalted butter, melted
- fresh lemon juice
- garlic- about 2-3 cloves garlic
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
Remove the shells from each piece of shrimp. You can also remove the tails if you prefer them that way.
Once they are prepared, add the shrimp to a large bowl. Pour in the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss all of the ingredients together until the shrimp are well coated with the mixture.
Transfer shrimp from the bowl to the air fryer basket or air fryer tray. Try to spread them evenly, in a single layer, without stacking or overlapping.
Air fry shrimp at 370 degrees F for 6-8 minutes until the shrimp are a bright orange.
I make this recipe in my Cosori air fryer. Depending on your air fryer, size and wattages, total time may need to be adjusted 1-2 mins.
- This shrimp is delicious as a meal, but you can easily add it to a creamy sauce, or top your favorite pasta dish, like shrimp scampi, or let it chill and add to a salad.
- If you love the lemon flavors, add this shrimp to this air fryer shrimp tacos recipe.
- Allow the shrimp to chill and serve it with cocktail sauce for shrimp cocktail. This makes a delicious appetizer or quick snack!
- Divide the shrimp and serve over cooked rice for easy meal prepping for the week.
- Change up the flavor by adding old bay seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, Italian seasonings, or serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Once they are done, you can squeeze an extra bit of lemon juice for taste. Garnish with lemon slices or some freshly chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Buying shrimp that are already deveined saves a lot of time. If you can't find them already prepared you can use a fork tong to lift and pull the vein out of the shrimp.
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
STORING AND REHEATING
If you have any, place leftover shrimp in a sealed or airtight container. You can store it in the fridge for about 3-4 days. You can eat cold cooked shrimp, but if you want to reheat shrimp, return to the air fryer and air fry at 380 degrees F for 2-4 minutes until hot.
You can! I prefer raw shrimp, but if you have cooked shrimp, toss with the ingredients the same way you would as raw shrimp. The only difference is you will need to lower the cooking time by about 3-4 minutes.
You can use frozen, raw shrimp. I like to keep a bag in the freezer to have on hand. Just soak the shrimp in cold water for about 15-30 minutes, or rinse under cool running water until it thaws, and then peel the shrimp.
There are so many different sizes of shrimp, it's really just a personal preference. Although I prefer medium shrimp for shrimp cocktail and when using in other recipes like pastas or a salad. If I'm using the shrimp to serve as the main course, I would use large or jumbo shrimp.
MORE AIR FRYER SHRIMP RECIPES
The lemony flavor combined with garlic, makes each bite full of flavor. After air frying, the shrimp is so juicy and tender, you will want to make this recipe all of the time.
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 pound shrimp raw and deveined, medium or large
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic about 2-3 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Remove the shells from each piece of shrimp. You can also remove the tails if you prefer them that way. If you need to, devein the shrimp by grabbing a fork and pulling the vein out of the shrimp.
- Once they are prepared, add the shrimp to a large bowl. Pour in the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss all of the ingredients together until the shrimp are well coated with the mixture.
- Transfer shrimp from the bowl to the air fryer basket or air fryer tray. Try to spread them evenly, in a single layer, without stacking or overlapping.
- Air fry shrimp at 370 degrees F for 6-8 minutes until the shrimp are a bright orange.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.