I love to make burgers in the air fryer. When I have leftovers, I also use the air fryer to reheat burgers. If you haven't reheated burgers in the air fryer, you're missing out on one of the BEST ways to make a leftover burger taste juicy and fresh.
Why I Love This
I love reheating burgers in the air fryer. Not only is it quick and simple, but it's also the best way to keep the burgers juicy and delicious. You only need 5 minutes and then you're enjoying a juicy burger!
- Quick. Takes less than 5 minutes to reheat leftover burgers.
- Juicy. Reheating at a low temperature for a short time keeps this dish juicy.
This is a great way to prepare for a big family get-together when you don't want to spend the entire day over a grill or slaving over the hot oven cooking burgers. Make them the day before and then reheat the burgers in the air fryer!
You can also reheat leftover egg rolls. Who knew?
Reheating leftovers with the air fryer is a great way to taking the first step to cut down on food waste. It's also one of the fastest, and best ways to reheat hamburger patties.
If you love this as much as we do, you might also enjoy making these burgers in the air fryer. Our favorite recipes include air fryer hamburgers, air fryer turkey burgers, air fryer chicken burgers, and if you like a veggie burger, try these air fryer black bean burgers.
Reheating burgers only takes a few simple steps from start to finish. It's an easy way to reheat those leftover burger patties so they don't go to waste.
If you're in a hurry, jump down to the end of this post for the full printable recipe card and all of our tips and tricks to make the reheating process easy.
What You Need
- Air Fryer. I use a Cosori Dual Blaze air fryer.
- Silicone Liner. Using a silicone liner allows for easy cleanup when cooking is finished.
- Leftover burgers. These can be homemade burgers or store-bought, fast food burgers.
Remove the leftover burgers from the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Place the burgers in the air fryer basket or on an air fryer tray in a single layer. Add cheese if desired.
Reheat burgers in air fryer at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. Use a digital meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
After you reheat the burgers in the air fryer, serve them with your favorite sides. Here are a few of my favorites to serve with burgers.
For the most flavorful burger, make sure to serve them with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, tomato, cheese, and onions.
You'll also want to have everyone's favorite condiments on hand, such as mayo, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and barbecue sauce.
- With or without the bun. You can reheat these burgers with or without the hamburger bun. Heating the bun gives it a light and crispy flavor. Add a toothpick to secure the top if you're worried it might fly off.
- Air fryer. All air fryers cook a little differently, and you may need to adjust the cooking time depending on your brand and the power wattage of your specific brand of air fryer.
- Fast food burgers. When reheating fast food burgers (like a McDonald's burger, or Burger King Whopper) you may want to remove any toppings such as lettuce, tomato, etc. You can heat these with the burger, but they will also get slightly cooked during the process. If you prefer these to stay cool, remove them before reheating.
- Cold spots. If you've reheated the burger and you find a cold spot, pop it back into the air fryer for an additional minute or two until it's warmed to your preference.
For even cooking, make sure leftover burgers are spaced evenly in the air fryer basket for optimal air flow.
If you have cold spots, try using a meat thermometer to ensure they are warmed to your liking before removing them from the air fryer. If you do have cold spots, and an additional 1-2 minutes of cooking time to ensure the whole burger is reheated to your preference.
Yes! Reheat air fryer cheeseburgers the same way you would reheat the burger. If you're looking for more cheese, add an additional slice of cheese before reheating.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to make the most delicious leftover burger. If you haven't reheated leftover hamburgers in the air fryer, you're going to love this trick. It's a better way to reheat leftovers and beats the microwave and conventional oven tricks. Give it a shot!
Reheating food in the air fryer is one of my favorite ways to make leftovers taste like new again.
More Recipes for Air Fryer Leftovers
Those aren't the only articles about reheating with the air fryer! You can also save this post with tips to Reheat Fish in the Air Fryer.
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Check out our book, available in stores and online!
Looking for more ideas and others to connect with? Join our Facebook community with over 2 million members and counting!
Jump down to the COMMENT section and tell us what you think about this dish! We would love to help and also appreciate your candid feedback on all of our recipes.
Reheat Burger in Air Fryer
- 1 Air Fryer
- 4 leftover burgers
- Remove the leftover burgers from the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place the burgers in the air fryer basket or on an air fryer tray in a single layer.
- Reheat burgers in air fryer at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. Use a digital meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.