Air frying is great for frozen or fresh foods, but reheating food in the air fryer is one of the best ways to make food taste fresh and new!
Why I Love This
The air fryer isn't just for heating things from frozen or cooking from scratch, it is also amazing at reheating leftovers.
Whether it's homemade wings or leftover takeout, you're going to love using the air fryer to help make leftovers taste fresh, crispy, and brand new.
In this article, you will learn about our favorite leftover recipes, as well as what makes them perfect candidates for reheating in the air fryer.
Leftovers in the Air Fryer
Check out all of our favorite recipes to reheat in the air fryer. Some of these may surprise you!
- Grab leftover pizza from the fridge.
- Air fry 380 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
- Enjoy cheesy, crispy pizza that will taste just like new.
If you need to reheat pizza in an air fryer, just follow these directions! In just a few minutes, you will have perfect crispy pizza.
- Place the chicken in a single layer and avoid overcrowding.
- Reheat fried chicken in the air fryer at 375°F (190°C) for about 4-6 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes after reheating. This step allows the juices to redistribute, maintaining the chicken's moisture and flavor.
There's nothing quite like the crispy, golden goodness of reheated fried chicken.
Reheat Fried Fish
- Arrange the fish in a single layer in the air fryer basket to promote even heating and prevent the fish from becoming soggy.
- Set the air fryer to 320°F and reheat fried fish for 6-8 minutes.
- Check the fish at the 3-minute mark to prevent overcooking.
Did you know that reheating fish in the air fryer keeps them tasting crispy and fresh? You won't believe these are leftovers!
Reheating French Fries
- Place fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Overcrowding can lead to uneven heating and less crispy fries.
- Reheat French fries at 350°F (175°C) for about 3-5 minutes. The high heat helps to restore the fries' original crispness and prevents sogginess.
- Halfway through reheating, shake the air fryer basket to ensure the fries reheat evenly and all sides get crispy.
Leftover fries can be soggy if you don't reheat them the correct way. However, if you reheat fries in air fryer, they are better than ever!
Reheating Ribs in the Air Fryer
- To retain moisture and flavor, consider wrapping the ribs in aluminum foil before placing them in the air fryer. This creates a steamy environment that keeps the ribs juicy.
- Reheat ribs in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for about 5-7 minutes.
- Ensure the ribs are heated through to the center before serving.
If you're searching for a great way to reheat leftover ribs, this is it!
- Reheat steak in the air fryer at a lower temperature, around 350°F (175°C), for about 3-4 minutes.
- Monitor the steak closely to ensure it doesn't overcook and lose its tenderness.
- Let the steak rest for a couple of minutes after reheating. This allows the juices to be redistributed, ensuring the steak remains moist and flavorful.
This is one of the best ways to take a leftover steak and make it taste just as good, or even better than before!
- If possible, reheat the burger patty separately from the bun to maintain the texture of both. The bun can be added in the last minute of reheating for a light toast.
- Reheat burgers in the air fryer at 300°F for about 3-4 minutes. This temperature is ideal for warming the burger without drying it out.
- Place the burger patties in a single layer in the air fryer basket to ensure even heating and maintain the juiciness of the meat.
You'll be amazed at how delicious these reheated burgers can taste!
- Arrange the tenders in a single layer without overlapping in the air fryer basket. This promotes uniform heating and helps maintain their crispy texture.
- Reheat chicken tenders in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for 3-4 minutes. This temperature effectively crisps the exterior while keeping the inside moist.
- Halfway through reheating, flip the chicken tenders to ensure they heat evenly and regain their crispiness on all sides.
Looking to use up some leftovers? Learn how to reheat chicken tenders in an air fryer and make them taste fresh and new.
- Arrange the egg rolls in a single layer with space between each for optimal air circulation, leading to a uniformly crispy texture.
- Reheat egg rolls in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for about 4-6 minutes.
- Flip the egg rolls halfway through the reheating process to ensure even crisping and heating on all sides.
Forget the microwave, use the air fryer to reheat egg rolls, and all of your other favorite foods.
- Place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket. This promotes better air circulation, leading to more evenly reheated and crispy wings.
- Reheat chicken wings in the air fryer at 375°F (190°C) for about 5-6 minutes. This temperature helps in recapturing their crispiness without drying them out.
- Turn the baked potato halfway through the reheating process for uniform warming and to maintain the crispness of the skin.
- Reheat baked potatoes in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for about 3-5 minutes. This temperature effectively warms the potato through while preserving its texture.
Leftover potatoes are some of my favorite easy side dishes. If you have leftovers, this is the best way to reheat a baked potato that gives you the best results.
- Reheat onion rings in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for about 3-4 minutes. This temperature crisps the exterior without burning or drying them out.
- Gently shake the basket or flip the onion rings halfway through reheating for uniform crispiness and to prevent any soggy spots.
You won't believe how delicious and fresh these reheated onion rings will taste!
- Place the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket for optimal air circulation, which helps in maintaining the chicken's moisture while crisping the skin.
- Reheat rotisserie chicken in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for about 4-6 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the chicken pieces, to warm it thoroughly without drying it out.
We love to reheat leftover rotisserie chicken in the air fryer. It's quick, easy, and always delicious!
We hope you enjoy this great list of foods you can easily reheat in the air fryer. Not only are they quick and easy, but they always come out tasting like new!
What are your favorite foods to reheat in the air fryer? Let us know in the comment section below!
Check out our book, available in stores and online!
Looking for more ideas and others to connect with? Join our Facebook community with over 2 million members and counting!
Jump down to the COMMENT section and tell us what you think about this dish! We would love to help and also appreciate your candid feedback on all of our recipes.