Looking to use up some leftovers? Learn how to reheat chicken tenders in an air fryer and make them taste fresh and new. The air fryer is the best way to reheat leftovers and once you try this, you'll think so, too!
Why I Love This
I love reheating foods in the air fryer because they always come out tasting fresh and new.
The air fryer uses a heating element and hot air to fry foods. The fans help circulate the hot air, and this helps cook foods evenly.
Some of my favorite recipes to reheat in an air fryer are pizza, french fries, fried chicken, and my favorite is reheating wings in the air fryer. If you haven't reheated chicken wings, go and do it! They taste like new and are the best!
Head down to the end of this post for the full printable recipe card and all of our tips and tricks.
If you're not in a hurry, keep reading about this easy way to reheat delicious chicken tenders in this step-by-step guide. It's just 3 simple steps!
- chicken tenders. These leftover chicken tenders can be homemade or your favorite fast food leftovers. Either will work!
How to Reheat Leftover Chicken Tenders
Place the leftover chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Air fry the chicken pieces at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through with an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove from the air fryer and serve with your favorite sides and favorite dipping sauce.
- I use a Cosori Dual Blaze air fryer. Because this air fryer has a heating element on the top and bottom, I rarely have to flip my foods during the cooking process.
- Check the chicken tender after 3 minutes and add additional cooking time if needed.
- For best results, keep the chicken tenders in a single layer so the chicken cooks evenly.
- Use a digital meat thermometer to ensure the correct internal temperature has been reached.
- To Store: Add leftover chicken tenders to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
There are several reheating methods you can use when reheating juicy chicken strips.
- Air Fryer: Place the chicken tenders into the air fryer and reheat at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes or until the tenders are heated through. The air fryer is the best option and the best way to keep the crispy skin and texture.
- Microwave. Place the chicken tenders on a microwave-safe plate on medium heat for 2 minutes. The microwave oven isn't my favorite choice because the chicken tenders can lose their crispy texture and have a soggy skin.
- Conventional Oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken tenders in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 6-7 minutes, or until heated through. This also works well but uses additional time.
- Toaster Oven. Place the chicken tenders on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place the baking sheet on the wire rack and heat for 3-5 minutes, or until fully heated through.
A few of my favorite dipping sauces include bbq sauce, Ranch dipping sauce, honey mustard sauce, sriracha dipping sauce, and ketchup.
There are a few different ways to reheat chicken tenders, but air frying is the best reheating method in my opinion. You can also use the microwave, conventional oven, or toaster oven.
The air fryer is my favorite method for reheating crispy chicken tenders. If you're looking for an easy way to make leftovers with less reheating time, make sure you use your air fryer.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Reheat Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
- 1 Air Fryer
- 8 chicken tenders
- Place the leftover chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the chicken pieces at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through with an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve with your favorite sides and favorite dipping sauce.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.