You only need a few simple ingredients for this air fryer grilled chicken breast recipe. Perfect for meal prep!
Why I Love This
I love to meal prep on the weekends and this grilled chicken recipe is one of my favorites. It's also one of those easy recipes that the whole family loves.
It's also a favorite recipe to make on holidays, special occasions, and during cooking events such as July 4th and Memorial Day.
Chicken is one of my favorite things to cook in the air fryer. The versatility of the seasonings and flavors are numerous and while the cooking time doesn't change, the flavors can change tremendously depending on your choice of seasonings.
No need for a grill or the oven when you have an air fryer at your disposal. It's the perfect way to get this healthy meal on the table quickly.
Looking for another easy chicken dish? These air fryer chicken fajitas are another healthy favorite!
Looking for more? Check out this article where we share our favorite top 50 air fryer chicken recipes.
Looking to make your favorite oven recipes in the air fryer but not sure of the time and temperature? We've created a conversion calculator that will do it for you! Check out our easy to use oven to air fryer conversion tool.
You only need a few simple ingredients to prep the chicken and then 20 minutes to cook before you have a great meal, or even several meals at your disposal.
You can find the entire recipe down below in the printable recipe card. If you're not in a hurry, keep reading for more of our tips and tricks for this delicious, golden brown grilled chicken recipe.
Cooking chicken has never been easier. Check out this simple recipe below.
What You'll Need to Make Grilled Chicken in the Air Fryer
- air fryer - I like to use the Cosori Dual Blaze air fryer. If you use a different air fryer, you may have to adjust the cooking time slightly.
- liner - I like to use silicone liners for easy cleanup, but it you don't have one don't worry, it's not mandatory.
- chicken breast - boneless, skinless
- olive oil - you can also use avocado oil if you prefer
- ground black pepper - adds a little flavor and spice
- onion powder - adds a little flavor to the dish
- garlic powder - adds flavor
- smoked paprika - I love smoked paprika, but if you only have regular, that's ok, too.
- sea salt - gives it a little additional flavor.
- rosemary - gives this dish an added aroma and flavor
How to Make Grilled Chicken in the Air Fryer
Rinse and use a paper towel to pat dry the chicken breasts.
Add the chicken breasts to a large resealable bag.
Add the olive oil and seasonings to the bag with the chicken breasts. Seal and gently toss the bag to coat the chicken evenly with the olive oil and seasonings.
Coat the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray or parchment paper if needed.
Place the seasoned chicken breasts into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry the chicken breasts at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, flipping the chicken breasts halfway through the cooking time.
Use a digital meat thermometer and make sure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit or 74°C.
Carefully remove the chicken from the air fryer and serve.
This is one of my favorite easy meals to make in the air fryer. It's perfect for busy weeknights, and a great option for meal prepping.
Storage and Reheating
- Store leftover chicken breasts in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Reheat leftover chicken in the air fryer at 350°F for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through and it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
You can serve chicken with almost anything! I love a nice side salad and a roll, but here are a few of my other favorite side dishes to serve along with chicken.
I love to meal prep with air fryer grilled chicken. I slice the cooked chicken breasts and add them to an airtight container with cooked rice and seasoned and cooked broccoli. You can also consider serving this with sweet potatoes, potato salad, wedge salad, or fries.
The sky is the limit when it comes to seasoning chicken. I love to use rosemary, chili powder, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, lemon pepper with a little lemon juice, and even top the finishe product with BBQ sauce. There are many different options, so you can easily change this recipe up often.
If cooking three 8 ounce chicken breasts at 390 degrees F, the cook time of 20 minutes should be perfect. If the chicken breasts are smaller, you may need less cook time. The size of the chicken can alter the cook time slightly. Using a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is fully cooked is the best way to ensure you have perfectly grilled chicken.
Cooking boneless skinless chicken breasts in the air fryer is one of my favorite things to do! I love the protein I get from this quick and easy dish, and I love how versatile you can be with the seasonings.
If you want juicy air fryer chicken breasts, this is the perfect recipe!
MORE AIR FRYER CHICKEN RECIPES:
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Grilled Chicken Breast
- 1 Air Fryer
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary dried
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Rinse and use a paper towel to pat dry the chicken breasts.
- Add the chicken breasts to a large resealable bag.
- Add the olive oil and seasonings to the bag with the chicken breasts. Seal and gently toss the bag to coat the chicken evenly with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Coat the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray or parchment paper if needed.
- Place the seasoned chicken breasts into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry the chicken breasts at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, flipping the chicken breasts halfway through the cooking time.
- Use a digital meat thermometer and make sure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the air fryer and serve.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.