Air Fryer Cake Mix Cookies are delicious chocolate cookies! They use only three ingredients to make and four minutes to cook in the air fryer!
These chocolate cookies are soft and chewy, and can be made with any of your favorite add-ins! The perfect quick snack, so have a nice glass of milk ready!
Why I Love These
When I use my oven, I can spend an hour baking batch after batch of cookies. With the air fryer, these cookies only take FOUR minutes to cook!
Want to see these in action? Head below for the VIDEO on how to make these cake mix cookies in the air fryer.
Find this recipe along with over 35 others for the ULTIMATE list of Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes.
Making Cookies using Betty Crocker Cake Mix
I love baking but if I can make a delicious dessert, fast, and with easy clean up, how can I resist?
The air fryer can bake almost a dozen at a time. And it's a good thing they cook so quickly, because just as fast as the air fryer makes them, they are gobbled up by the kids!
I love making air fryer desserts like this, because I get to be the best mom in the world for making fresh cookies, but the air fryer clean up is a snap!
- Cake Mix (your favorite flavor and brand)
- Any additional additives such as sprinkles or chocolate chips
How to make air fryer cake mix cookies
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs. Mix them together until they form a thick dough.
Scoop the dough onto a piece of parchment paper, lining the basket of your air fryer.
Air fry at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for about 4 minutes, until the cookies are beginning to turn golden.
Remove from the air fryer and allow them to cool.
You can use a cake mix of any flavor, but for my cookies, I used a chocolate cake mix from Betty Crocker. I also added white chips to my cookies, and they were perfect! They are the perfect chocolate, chewy and moist cookie!
- I used the Cosori air fryer for this recipe. If you use a different air fryer, you may need to adjust the time and temp slightly. All air fryers are different and cook at different power levels. Some may cook faster, and some take additional time.
- For this recipe, I used the AIR FRY function. If you use the bake function or another preset function, they will take longer to bake in the air fryer.
- Allow the cookies to rest for a minute in the air fryer basket before using a spatula to remove them and place them on a cooling rack. Grabbing them too soon will cause them to become a crumbled mess.
- You DO NOT need to preheat the air fryer with this recipe.
- Flavors. Change up the flavors by using your favorite cake mix flavors like vanilla, strawberry, lemon, and more.
- Additions. Add things like chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, sprinkles, and more.
Store leftover cake mix cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
If your cookies are starting to brown before they are done baking, just cover them with foil and let them finish baking.
Making these cookies in the air fryer instead of the oven, takes less time so you will have cookies ready to eat much faster. Without the oven on for long periods of time, you are also saving energy, and keeping your kitchen from heating up in the summer.
Yes! I have made every flavor of cake mix cookies. Just keep in mind, some flavors may have a bigger spread than others. So if the dough looks a little too soft or runny, add ¼ cup of flour to the batter.
MORE AIR FRYER COOKIE RECIPES:
I hope you enjoy these cake mix cookies as much as we do! My kids are obsessed, and the whole family loves them.
Check out our book, available in stores and online!
Looking for more ideas and others to connect with? Join our Facebook community with over 2 million members and counting!
Jump down to the COMMENT section and tell us what you think about this dish! We would love to help and also appreciate your candid feedback on all of our recipes.
Air Fryer Cake Mix Cookies
- Air Fryer
- 1 Box Cake Mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup chips or candy optional
- ½ cup sprinkles or nuts optional
- Prepare the basket of your airfryer by placing a piece of parchment paper in the bottom. Poke holes in the paper for air flow.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs. Mix until all of the ingredients are combined and it is a thick dough.
- If using baking chips, candies, sprinkles, or nuts, stir them into the dough, until they are evenly distributed.
- Use a small scoop or spoon and drop scoops of dough into the prepared basket of your air fryer. Be sure to allow room for the dough to slightly spread. Work in batches and do not let the dough touch or overlap.
- Cook at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for four minutes per batch.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.