This easy air fryer apple turnover recipe is made with just a few ingredients and in just a few minutes. You'll need puff pastry, apple pie filling, and an egg. It's a simple and delicious dessert that disappears fast!
Why I Love This
Apple turnovers are some of my favorite desserts. This apple turnover recipe is my favorite because it's quick and easy.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this delicious recipe.
You might want to check out this article on these 12 Air Fryer Apple Recipes you should make.
- puff pastry - I use the frozen pastry by Pepperidge Farm.
- apple pie filling - either homemade or canned.
- egg - to brush the pastries with before air frying.
How to make Apple Turnovers in the Air Fryer:
Set the puff pastry from the freezer for 30 minutes, or long enough to be able to manipulate the frozen pastry easily.
Cut the puff pastry into 4 squares.
Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of the apple pie filling into the puff pastry.
Fold the pastry from one corner to the opposite corner, making a triangle.
Seal the edges of the puff pastry with a fork or pinch the edges with your fingers.
Brush the tops of the pastry with egg whites.
Place the apple turnovers into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry the apple turnovers at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
This is one of my favorite easy dessert recipes. It only takes a few minutes to have a tasty dessert, and it's perfect for busy weeknights.
- I make this recipe with my Cosori Dual Blaze air fryer. If you're using a different brand of air fryer, make sure you adjust the time and temperature if needed.
- Make this a more decadent dessert by serving it warm with a scoop of ice cream and caramel drizzled over the top.
- For best results, air fry for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown and the pastry is fully cooked.
- Remove the puff pastry from the freezer 30 minutes before making this dish so the pastry has time to be thawed and easily manipulated.
- Storage. Store leftover apple turnovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Freeze. Store leftover apple turnovers in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container, without glaze, for up to 30 days.
- Reheating. Reheat leftovers in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through.
- Flavors. Change the flavor of these turnovers by using different toppings. You can use cherry pie filling, strawberry filling, blueberries, peaches, and more.
- Fresh versus canned. You can skip the canned pie filling and use fresh fruits to make these turnovers. For example, these air fryer apples are perfect as a topping.
You can also use fresh sliced apples with cinnamon and sugar if you would prefer to not use a canned pie filling.
You can also use crescent roll dough in place of puff pastry, or make a homemade pastry for the turnovers.
It takes less than 10 minutes to make apple turnovers in the air fryer, and less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
You can also top these apple turnovers with cinnamon and sugar rather than a glaze. Just add the cinnamon and granulated sugar to the top of the turnover after you've brushed them with egg white.
I love this simple recipe. It's fast, easy, and the whole family will enjoy these.
If you love this easy air fryer dessert recipe, you might also enjoy these other air fryer desserts.
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes:
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Apple Turnover
- 1 Air Fryer
- 12 ounces apple pie filling
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Set the puff pastry from the freezer for 30 minutes, or long enough to be able to manipulate the frozen pastry easily.
- Cut the puff pastries in half.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of the apple pie filling into the puff pastry.
- Fold the pastry from one corner to the opposite corner, making a triangle.
- Seal the edges of the puff pastry with a fork or pinch the edges with your fingers.
- Brush the tops of the pastry with egg white.
- Place the apple turnovers into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry the apple turnovers at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.