Making Air Fryer Cake is an incredibly easy way to whip up a fast dessert. You can use a box mix, or make from scratch, to have an easy perfect cake in to time.
I was craving chocolate and found a Pillsbury Devil's Food Boxed Cake Mix in the pantry. If you prefer baking cakes from scratch for the homemade cake flavor, you will love other air fryer cake recipes like this Air Fryer Chocolate Bundt Cake or Chocolate Chip Pound Cake recipe.
Ingredients needed to make a Box Cake Mix in Air Fryer
I use a Cosori 5.8 Quart Oven so a 7-inch cake pan fits perfectly in the basket. You can also use a 6 or 8-inch cake pan, but you will need to adjust the cook time accordingly.
- Box Mix- any brand and flavor. I use a Pillsbury Devil's Food Mix, 15.25 ounces
- Oil-vegetable or canola oil
- Eggs-medium to large eggs
How to make Cake in Air Fryer
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk, combine the ingredients according to the box directions.
To prepare the pan, cut a circle from parchment paper to line the bottom of a cake pan. Then, spray the insides of the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
Transfer the cake batter from the mixing bowl, and pour into the cake pan. Next, place the pan in the air fryer basket and air fry at 320 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
Use oven mitts to remove the cake from the air fryer and then remove the cake from the pan by flipping it over. Transfer cake to a cooling rack. Once it's cool, remove the piece of parchment paper, and place unfrosted cake onto a plate or cake stand.
Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake to check cake for doneness. When the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
Frost with chocolate buttercream, homemade buttercream, or cream cheese frosting. Decorate as desired. Store frosted cake in the refrigerator.
Yes! I had to have a chocolate cake, so I used a chocolate box mix for this recipe. A yellow cake mix, white cake mix, or your favorite flavor, will work for this recipe.
For this air fryer cake recipe, you just need a cake pan that will fit in your specific air fryer. If you are making air fryer desserts often, you can purchase an air fryer accessory kit, like this one, based on the type of air fryer basket you have.
Keep the cake in an airtight container, or cover with plastic wrap or foil, and store for up to five days at room temperature. If the cake is frosted, it should be kept stored in the fridge.
Unfrosted cake can be wrapped with plastic wrap and stored in the freezer for up to three months.
MORE AIR FRYER DESSERT RECIPES:
Air Fryer Cake
- Air Fryer
- Cake Pan
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ingredients needed to prepare the cake mix, according to the box directions. Mix the ingredients together until the cake batter is well combined.
- To prepare the pan, cut a circle from parchment paper to line the bottom of a cake pan. Then, spray the insides of the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan. Place the pan in the air fryer basket and air fry at 320 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake to check cake for doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake should be done cooking.
- Remove the cake from the air fryer and cake pan by flipping over. Let cake cool on a wire rack. Once it's cooled, remove the piece of parchment paper, and place unfrosted cake onto a plate or cake stand.
- Frost and decorate as desired.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.