These Air Fryer Taco Bombs will give your family's taco night a kick. They come out crunchy on the outside with a savory, gooey cheese center.
When you bite into one of these delicious treats there will be an explosion of taco flavor. They will quickly become a friend and family favorite treat.
Why you will love this recipe
You will love this recipe because taco bombs are super easy and quick to make. In just a short amount of time you have snacks, lunches or dinners ready to be gobbled up by everyone in your household.
We first made these bombs with leftover taco meat from Tuesday Taco Night. We had about 1-2 cups extra taco meat, and so we grabbed biscuit dough, and made these delicious taco bombs.
- refrigerated canned biscuits dough- like Pillsbury dough
- ground beef- leftover taco meat, or fresh ground sirloin, ground turkey, or ground pork can be used
- taco seasoning
- cheddar cube of cheese-use your preferred cheese flavor, and cheese sticks or folded slice piece of cheese can be substituted
How to make biscuit bombs:
Cook ground beef on medium high heat. Add seasonings and cook until meat is browned.
While meat is cooking open biscuits and separate dough. Lightly roll biscuits flat.
Next spoon a tablespoon of cooked taco meat mixture onto roll, then top with four cubes cheese.
Pull dough up and over meat and cheese mixture. Pinch sides to completely seal mixture inside of dough ball.
Place bombs in air fryer basket, in a single layer that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
Air fry at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Serve while hot with salsa or your favorite sauce for dipping.
Optional favorite taco toppings: Serve with taco sauce, salsa, sour cream, queso cheese, hot sauce, pica de Gallo, guacamole or warm bean dip.
Optional fillings: cream cheese mixture with oregano and cilantro, corn, ground pork, cubed mozzarella cheese, black beans, ground lamb, cheddar cheese sticks cut into pieces.
I make this recipe in my Cosori 5.8 qt. air fryer. Depending on your air fryer size and wattages your cook time may need to be adjusted 1-2 minutes.
These taco bombs are best when they are fresh out of the air fryer. However, if you need to reheat them, place them back in your air fryer for a few minutes, until they are crispy.
Taco bombs pair well with different grains such as white or wild rice with fresh herbs, quinoa, lentils or bulgur wheat. A spinach or kale salad with peppers, onions and sautéed garlic will also goes well with this dish. Or, just grab air fryer tortilla chips and salsa!
Once they are fully cooled, place them in a freezer storage bag or airtight container and store in the freezer for 2-3 months. You can also store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
MORE BISCUIT AIR FRYER RECIPES:
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Are you on Instagram? Follow along and TAG US @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Taco Bombs
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 can refrigerated canned biscuits
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 24 cubes cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef on medium high heat. Add seasonings and cook until meat is browned.
- While meat is cooking open biscuits and separate dough. Lightly roll biscuit flat.
- Next spoon a tablespoon of cooked taco meat mixture onto roll, then top with cheese. Pull dough up and over meat and cheese mixture. Pinch sides to completely seal mixture inside of dough ball.
- Place bombs in air fryer basket, in a single layer that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Serve while hot with salsa or your favorite sauce for dipping.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
Hi what other pastry can you use I'm in Australia
Crescent rolls would probably be great, if you have those?
Yes! Those would also be great.