Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are a quick and easy breakfast made in just minutes with only a handful of ingredients. Breakfast has never been so easy!
I love my Air Fryer and this breakfast recipe is by far one of my favorites. Don't get me wrong, I love my copycat Chick Fil A Breakfast Bowl, pancakes, and air fryer sausage links, but this is also so yummy!
You won't believe how quick and easy it is to make these yummy french toast sticks in the Air Fryer.
Looking for something to serve with them? Check out these quick and easy hash browns in the air fryer.
The best part about this recipe? You only need a handful of ingredients.
- Bread: I like to leave my bread sitting out overnight, or for a couple of hours before making this dish.
- Egg: Dipping the breadsticks in egg before baking is the key to delicious french toast.
- Cinnamon and Sugar: Dipping the egg-coated bread in cinnamon and sugar before baking is the key to the perfect flavor!
You can make different variations of french toast sticks, but this classic version is my favorite.
How to Make French Toast Sticks in the Air Fryer
Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl or plate and set aside.
Stack the bread and then use a serrated knife to cut the slices into thirds.
Whisk the eggs together and pour them into a rimmed plate.
Dip the bread pieces into the egg and then dip into the cinnamon and sugar.
Place the bread into the prepared Air Fryer basket in a single layer with an inch or two between slices.
Air Fryer the bread pieces for 8-9 minutes on 370 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping them halfway through.
Remove from the Air Fryer and serve immediately.
This is such a delicious and easy recipe.
You can also add powdered sugar on top of the french toast sticks before serving. Either way, they are a delicious and easy breakfast recipe that will be gobbled up fast.
What type of bread should I use when making french toast?
I love to use plain white bread that's been sitting at room temperature for a few hours to get stale. You can aslo use Texas-style bread as well as brioche bread.
Why do I need to use stale bread versus fresh bread?
French toast is best made with stale bread because it absorbs the egg better than fresh bread.
How do I make bread get stale at a faster rate?
If you forgot to leave the bread out over night and don't have the time to sit it out before cooking, you can also use your oven. Place the stale bread in the oven on a wire rack at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 8 minutes.
MORE AIR FRYER BREAKFAST RECIPES:
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does! Make sure to make this recipe and then come back and rate the recipe card. It lets us know what to make next and let's others know what they should make, too!
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer
- 4-6 pieces bread (allow it to sit out for 2-3 hours before using)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl or plate and set aside.
- Stack the bread and then use a serated knife to cut the slices into thirds.
- Whisk the eggs together and pour them into a rimmed plate.
- Dip the bread pieces into the egg and then dip into the cinnamon and sugar.
- Place the bread into the prepared Air Fryer basket in a single layer with an inch or two between slices.
- Air Fryer the bread pieces for 8-9 minutes on 370 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping them halfway through.
- Remove from the Air Fryer and serve immediately.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.