Air Fryer Crab Rangoons are a fun and easy appetizer to make! Crispy on the outside, and filled with a creamy crab mixture, they make a perfect appetizer or snack that everyone will love!
This delicious crab Rangoon recipe is one of my favorites. It's a quick and easy appetizer, and it's made in just minutes. Not only that, but it's the best way to make crispy wontons without a deep fryer. The creamy filling is the perfect combination of crab meat, cream cheese, and seasonings.
WHY I LOVE THIS RECIPE
I love this air fryer crab Rangoon recipe because they have a delicious creamy crab filling, and there is so much flavor in each bite! They are very easy to make, and when I make them at home, they are just as good as our favorite Chinese restaurants, but without deep frying.
If you love making easy crispy appetizers in the air fryer, we have a huge list of Air Fryer Appetizers , like these air fryer fried ravioli, air fryer stuffed mushrooms, or these delicious air fryer frozen pot stickers.
- Cabbed Lump Crab meat- you can use real crab meat or imitation crab meat
- green onions
- cream cheese
- square wonton wrappers- or egg roll wrappers cut into quarters
- minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
Preheat Air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, green onions, crab meat, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Stir to mix well.
Place the wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Dip your fingertip into a small bowl of warm water and trace the outside edges of wrapper with water. Add a teaspoon of the crab mixture into the center of wonton wrapper.
Fold each wrapper into a square with a pyramid shape. In order to do this, you need to grab the opposite corners and pinch them into the middle, making sure they are sealed. When sealing the edges of the wonton, make sure to push out any additional air from the wrappers.
Place the sealed crab Rangoon in a single layer into the air fryer basket. To help with crispness, spritz or brush crab Rangoon with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil. Air fry at 370 degrees F for 9-10 minutes, or until the wonton wrappers have turned a nice golden brown.
NOTE: This recipe was made with a Cosori air fryer. Every air fryer cooks differently, and you may need to adjust the cooking time by 1-3 minutes.
- Let the cream cheese reach room temperature so it's easier to combine ingredients.
- Sometimes real crab is expensive, so other options are to use canned crab meat, flaked crab meat, or imitation crab.
- Don't overfill your wonton wrappers.
- When adding the cream cheese mixture to the wrappers, make sure to try and push all of the air out as you're pinching the edges together.
- Air fry homemade crab Rangoon in a single layer in the air fryer, cooking them in batches for the perfect crispy crab Rangoon.
- Practice the folding technique to make sure the ends are pinched together so the filling doesn't come out.
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use your oven, and more.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
If you can't find actual crab meat at your local grocery store, you can substitute other meats for the crab. Chopped sausage, chicken, or cooked fish, can all be used
STORAGE AND REHEATING
These crab Rangoon are best when fresh out of the air fryer. If you have leftovers, let wontons cool, then place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. They will get soggy the longer you keep them. To reheat them, place them in the air fryer at 370 degrees F for 2-3 minutes, until they are heated.
To freeze, place in a freezer-safe container or freezer bags, and store for up to two months.
You can use imitation crab meat or leave the crab meat out entirely and make cream cheese wontons.
There are so many choices of Asian dipping sauces to choose from. I love sweet duck sauce, sweet and sour sauce, sweet chili sauce, or soy sauce.
I like to spray the basket with cooking spray just to make sure they don't stick during the cooking process. You can also line the basket with air fryer parchment paper.
MORE AIR FRYER APPETIZER RECIPES
This is my favorite appetizer to make for nights when I am craving Chinese takeout food. I love to make these it with my Air Fryer Orange Chicken.
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Air Fryer
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces lump crab meat
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the Air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, green onions, crab meat, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Stir to mix well.
- Place the wonton wrappers on a flat surface.
- Dip your fingertip into a small bowl of warm water and run it onto the outside edges of the wrapper.
- Add a teaspoon of the crab mixture into the center of the wrapper.
- Fold each wrapper into a square. In order to do this, you need to grab the opposite corners and pinch them into the middle, making sure they are sealed. When sealing the edges of the wonton, make sure to push out any additional air from the wrappers.
- Place the sealed crab rangoon into the air fryer basket. Spray the tops of the crab rangoon with cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- Air fry at 370 degrees F for 9-10 minutes, or until the wonton wrappers have turned a nice golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.