This air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus recipe takes a favorite green vegetable and wraps it in crispy and delicious bacon. Each bundle is a perfect party appetizer, snack, or even a delicious side dish to dinner.
This easy side dish goes with almost every meal too! Serve them with air fryer chicken and air fryer potatoes, or air fryer meatloaf, for a simple meal with almost no prep time!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Crispy, but tender asparagus, wrapped in bacon, is not only simple to make, but it's also easy to make with just a few ingredients! When making them in the air fryer, they cook fast, and you don't have to deal with the excess bacon grease splattering on the stove top!
Making vegetables in the air fryer is so easy, because they turn out so tender, but crispy. If you love easy vegetables recipes, try these air fryer parmesan brussels sprouts, air fryer vegetable kabobs, or air fryer brussels sprouts and bacon.
- bunch of asparagus-stalks trimmed
- regular cut bacon-slices of bacon cut into half
- extra virgin olive oil
If you haven't already, trim the ends of the stalks, about one or two inches. This part of the asparagus is just too hard to eat. You can buy them already trimmed, but I just prefer to save the money and trim them myself.
Rinse the bunch of asparagus and then pat them dry. Lightly brush the asparagus with olive oil, then season them with the salt, pepper, or garlic powder.
If you love bacon, check out our other favorite bacon wrapped recipes made in the air fryer.
Cut each piece of bacon in half, and then wrap one of the halves around two or three asparagus spears at a time, making asparagus bundles. (Depending on the size of the the stalks you get, you may even be able to wrap four stalks, but if they are thick, two is perfect.)
Place in air fryer basket, and then cook bacon wrapped asparagus at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-14 minutes, until you have crisp bacon. Turn halfway through cooking time. Squeeze with fresh lemon juice before serving if desired.
- Use a slice of bacon that has been flavored, such as jalapeño and maple.
- For a sweeter flavor, drizzle a teaspoon of maple syrup or a brown sugar glaze on the bacon before air frying, or sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese before serving.
- Add spices like red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, black pepper, or garlic seasoning for extra spicy flavor combination.
- Use prosciutto to wrap asparagus bunches instead of bacon.
- I use regular cut bacon for this recipe. Cook times may need to be adjusted by a minute or two, depending on the thickness.
- If using small or thicker stalks of asparagus, the bacon may cook faster than the asparagus. Try to keep spears of asparagus average size and similar in size.
- You can prep this bacon asparagus recipe a day in advance and then air fry when you are ready to eat.
- For a low sodium option, try turkey bacon, or low sodium bacon.
STORAGE AND REHEATING
Store leftovers in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to three days.
The bacon strips are crispy when they are fresh, but when you reheat them in the air fryer they are almost as good as when you first made them. If you microwave them, they can get soggy, and may not taste as well.
I make this recipe in my Cosori Air Fryer. Depending on your air fryer, oven size and wattages, cooking time may need to be adjusted 1-2 minutes.
Looking for the BEST accessories to use with your air fryer? We've put together this list of our favorite Air Fryer Accessories.
This recipe has you lightly brush the asparagus with a tablespoon olive oil before placing them in the basket. This keeps the asparagus and bacon from sticking to the basket. You can also line the basket with air fryer parchment paper for an easy clean up.
Fresh asparagus is best for this recipe for optimal crispiness. If using frozen asparagus, it will take longer to cook and the bacon may burn.
Are you new to air fryers? If you are, we have a great article about What is an Air Fryer. It talks about what you can make, how to use it, and more.
MORE AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED RECIPES
These bacon wrapped asparagus are a delicious appetizer for parties or game day gatherings. They are going to be a real crowd pleaser!
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Looking for a hardcover book of recipes? Check out the retailers where you can order our Air Frying Cookbook, Air Fryer All Day!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with over a million Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Like to watch TikTok? Follow along with our recipes on TikTok @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 pound asparagus
- ½ pound bacon
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Trim the ends of the asparagus stalks, about one to two inches.
- Rinse the freshly cut asparagus.
- Lightly brush the asparagus with olive oil and season.
- Cut bacon slices in half, then wrap a slice of bacon around two or three stalks of asparagus
- Place the asparagus in the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-14 minutes, depending on bacon crispness your prefer.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.