This delightful and simple air fryer apple crisp recipe is made with delicious apples along with a buttery, crispy oat topping. This dessert is a perfect treat when you want a simple taste of grandma's traditional apple pie.
Why you will love this recipe
Because this dessert uses your favorite fresh apples, and only needs a handful of ingredients, you will want to make it all the time! And, with less than two cups apples and oat toppings, it is easy to make, and has a delicious texture both in the rich filling and crunchy topping.
- apples- Gala or Granny Smith, or you can use your favorite
- lemon juice
- brown sugar
- old fashioned oats-like Quaker Oats
- all-purpose flour
- ground cinnamon
I make this recipe with a Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer. Cooking times may need to be adjusted by a few minutes, depending on the wattages of air fryer.
Types of Apples
If you want to change the flavor of the recipe, you can simply use a different kind of apple. The difference between apple types will vary and what you use really depends on your personal taste. These are just a few of my favorites:
- Fuji apples are sweet and have a milder flavor.
- Pink lady apples are a perfect balance of sweet and tart.
- Granny smith are crispy, less sweet and extra tart apples.
- Honeycrisp are an autumn favorite that are sweet, tart, super crisp and juicy apple.
Difference between apple crisp, streusel and crumble
An apple crisp has a topping made with some type of oat which results in a crispier texture, while a streusel is flour based with spices and sugar.
A crumble is mainly made up of either cookie or broken pie crust, along with spices and brown sugar, which will make a chewier topping texture. If you are looking for another delicious apple treat, try this Air Fryer Apple Fritter recipe!
How to make air fryer apple crisp:
Rinse apples and dry with paper towels. Peel apples and then cut into small bite size pieces.
Combine apples and lemon juice in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, oats, flour, and cinnamon. Stir ingredients together until it becomes a crumble. Set bowl aside.
Use cooking spray on the insides of your small ramekin, oven safe dishes. Spoon apple mixture equally into individual ramekins.
Air fry at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes, until is cooked through and there is tender apple inside. You can check using a fork to make sure apples are softened.
Spoon topping mixture over the apples, and then return basket to the air fryer at 300 degrees F, for an additional 5-minute cooking time, until oatmeal topping is golden brown.
Apple filling will be hot and bubbly and have a crumbly topping.
Whether you are going to refrigerate or freeze your leftover apple crisp, let them completely cool and cover tops with aluminum foil and place in an air-tight container. If freezing I would also recommend that you place them inside an air-tight, freezer-safe container. You can refrigerate for up to 5 days and freeze up to 3 months.
So many possibilities are available to serve with this delicious treat. Caramel sauce with a pinch salt is one of my favorites. Traditional vanilla ice cream is always a family favorite that everyone can enjoy. Drizzled chocolate sauce over the top of crisp will add a depth of flavor. Berry ice cream & coffee ice cream pair well with this warm apple dish.
MORE AIR FRYER DESSERT RECIPES:
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Apple Crisp
- 1 Air Fryer
- 4 ramekins
- 3 medium apples diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Rinse and dry apples with paper towels. Peel skin and then dice apples into small bites.
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, oats, flour, and cinnamon. Stir ingredients together until it becomes a crumble. Set bowl aside.
- Use cooking spray on the insides of your small ramekin, oven safe dishes. Spoon apple mixture equally into individual ramekins.
- Air fry at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes, until is cooked through and there is tender apple inside. You can check using a fork to make sure apples are softened.
- Spoon topping mixture over the apples, and then return basket to the air fryer at 300 degrees F for an additional 5-minute cooking time, until oatmeal topping is golden brown. Apple filling will be hot and bubbly and have a crumbly topping.
- This dish can be served warm or cold and with or without a topping.
- A crunchy chip topping with some brown sugar will make this dish sweet and salty.
- Rich cheeses like gruyere, goat, sharp cheddar and gorgonzola can be incorporated into the apple filling which creates a briny delicious flavor.
- A scoop of vanilla ice cream, a delicious whip cream or any favorite dessert sauces will always be crowd pleasers.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.