America's favorite pie just got easier to make! Air Fryer Apple Pie takes minutes instead of hours to make. This pie is cooked to perfection with a crispy crust, and warm apple pie filling. Everything you love about your favorite dessert is in this recipe.
One of my favorite recipes, is for homemade apple pie from scratch. Sadly, I don't always have the time. Making the pie crusts and then apple pie filling can take ages! You will love this recipe because it uses pre-made pie crusts, and just a can of apple filling, making this pie SO easy!
Find this recipe along with over 35 others for the ULTIMATE list of Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes.
What you will need to make air fryer apple pie
I used my Cosori 5.8 quart fryer, and wrote the recipe cooking time and temperature based on mine. Any brand should work, as long as the pie plate fits in the basket. You can use a 7, 8, or 9 inch pie plate with fluted edges. I used an 8 inch to fit in the Cosori's basket.
Besides an air fryer and pie plate, the recipe ingredients are:
- Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- Canned Apple Pie Filling
- Melted Butter
- teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- teaspoon cinnamon
How you make this apple pie in the air fryer
To make this apple pie in your air fryer, unfold the pie crust. Use a rolling pin to flatten it out if necessary. Place one pie crust circle into the bottom of the pie plate, lightly pressing it down. Pour the pre-made apple mixture into the crust. Top with the second crust and trim excess edges.
Cut a few slits in the top of the pie to release steam while it's cooking. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter, then brush the top of the crust with the melted butter. You can also use an egg wash to help the pie turn golden while it's cooking.
Sprinkle a dash of the cinnamon sugar on top and place in the air fryer basket. Use the air fry feature and cook at 320 degrees Fahrenheit for about 18-23 minutes. The pie crust should be golden brown.
Click Here to Get the Top Ten Air Fryer Questions Answered
Once it is done cooking, you can sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar, white sugar, powdered sugar, or another dash of the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Can I make my own apple pie and crust?
Yes! One of my favorite recipes if for a flaky crust from scratch. This pie uses pre-made recipe ingredients to cut down on prep and baking time.
What is the best apple for baking?
There are many types of apples, but for baking apple pies, you want to be selective of which apple you use. I like to make traditional apple pie with tart apples, like Granny Smith. If you prefer a sweeter apple pie mixture, you can use Gala apples.
Can I make this apple pie ahead of time?
Yes. You can make this pie a few days early, and keep it covered with plastic wrap, stored in the refrigerator. This pie will keep for up to a week before it starts to become a little soggy.
What are other ideas for an easy air fryer dessert?
We have SO many fun desserts, like Oreo Cheesecake, Peanut Butter Cookies, Brownies, and more!
CLICK HERE to grab the BEGINNERS BOOK of recipes for the Air Fryer!!
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
- Apple Fritters
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Sugar Cookies
- Cherry Pie Bombs
- Spiced Pecans
- Monkey Bread
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Foodie Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations.
Are you on Instagram? Follow along and TAG US @airfryingfoodie.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
Air Fryer Apple Pie
- Air Fryer
- Pie Plate
- 1 box Pre Made Pie Crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 21 ounce Canned Apple Pie Filling
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- To begin, unfold the pie crust. Use a rolling pin to flatten it out if necessary.
- Place one pie crust circle into the bottom of the pie plate, lightly pressing it down. Then, pour the apple filling over the crust, and spread it evenly.
- Top with the second crust and trim excess edges. Cut a few slits in the top of the pie to release steam while it's cooking.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter, then brush the top of the crust with the melted butter. You can also use an egg wash to help the pie turn golden while it's cooking.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon together, and sprinkle a dash of the cinnamon sugar on top and place in the air fryer basket. Use the air fry feature and cook at 320 degrees F for about 18-23 minutes. The pie crust should be golden brown on top, and cooked on the bottom.
- Once it is done cooking, you can sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar, white sugar, powdered sugar, or another dash of the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Serve chilled or warm, topped with ice cream or whipping cream.
- To keep the edges of the crust together, you can brush the edges with water, and that helps them stick together.
- If you have a sweet tooth for desserts, you can serve a slice of this cooked apple pie with vanilla ice cream, paired with an optional cup of coffee.
- You don't have to sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the pie, but I think it just gives it a bakery finished look.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
Almost exactly how I, very often, bake 7" pies.
I have an Omni Plus and it takes a little more time to finish the pie, which is fine.
Perhaps because, using the "bake" setting, the fan speed is reduced on the Omni Plus.
The pies are, always, delicious.
Where can you purchase a pie pan that would fit in the basket ?
This is where you can purchase pie plates - they are also listed on the post above. We have a Cosori 5.8qt and the 7" pie plate fit perfectly. Amazon link:https://amzn.to/34uRjWk