When you are looking for a rich and tasty dessert, and chocolate is a must, this cheesecake will not disappoint! This smooth and creamy air fryer chocolate cheesecake, sits perfectly on top of an Oreo Cookie Crust.
Making a Chocolate Cheesecake in the Air Fryer
I love making desserts, especially chocolate desserts. And now, I can make this amazing chocolate cheesecake in no time at all! Because it is cooked in the air fryer, it is done in a fraction of normal baking time.
This chocolate cheesecake is so smooth and creamy. The air fryer does not change it's flavor or richness at all, nor does it sink or crack on the top.
Find this recipe along with over 35 others for the ULTIMATE list of Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes.
How to make an Air Fryer Chocolate Cheesecake
Your cheesecake begins with an Oreo Crust. I used about 30 Oreos because I like my crust to be thick and really stand out against the filling. Because of this, I also use a little more melted butter in the crust when I mix it together.
Once you combine the crushed cookies and melted butter, press it into the bottom of your lined 8 inch Springform Pan. (I line the bottom of my pan with an 8 inch circle of parchment paper, and then very lightly butter the sides of my pan.)
The trick to making a smooth cheesecake, is to have softened cream cheese. It should be room temperature, so if it is still chilled, you need to soften it in the microwave first.
Once the cream cheese is softened, whisk it until it is smooth and creamy. Then add in the powdered sugar, corn starch, eggs, and vanilla. Continue mixing until all of your ingredients are combined and the filling is smooth.
To add the chocolate to your cheesecake, you have to quickly stir in the melted chocolate, and keep the mixer on medium speed until it becomes fluffy and the chocolate is evenly distributed into the filling.
Once the filling is done, pour it over your prepared crust. Gently spread the filling to evenly distribute it in the pan. Preheat your air fryer, then carefully place the cheesecake into your basket.
Cook at 300 degrees F for 18 minutes. (Note: All air fryers are different, so you may need to adjust your cooking time by 1-3 minutes.)
Once your cheesecake is slightly firm on the top, remove it from the basket, and place it in the refrigerator to chill and set. This may take several hours, and if you have the time, let it chill overnight.
FAQ's about Air Fryer Cheesecake
Can you make a cheesecake without a springform pan?
Yes. You can cook your cheesecake in almost any pan. But be sure to line it well and honestly, the springform pan is much easier for removal and presentation.
Why do I need corn starch for my cheesecake filling?
Eggs and cornstarch will help the cheesecake to thicken.
Why is my cheesecake not creamy?
The filling can really be affected by the cream cheese texture. It will be lumpy and have chunks if it isn't softened. If you use chilled cream cheese, it won't mix well, and can affect the melted chocolate when it is added too.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer Chocolate Cheesecake
- Air Fryer
- 8 Inch Springform Pan
Cheesecake Oreo Crust
- 30 cookies crushed
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare the pan by lining the bottom with a circle of parchment paper, and then lightly butter the insides of the pan walls so the cheesecake will easily be removed after cooking.
- Crush the Oreo Cookies in the food processor, until they are fine crumbs. (Or you can place them in a large bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Pour the crushed cookies into a large bowl, and stir in the melted butter to mix with the crumbs.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan, pressing the crust firmly to the bottom of the pan. Set the pan aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, stirring after one minute to make sure the chips have completely melted and are smooth. Set the bowl aside as you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, or using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, corn starch, eggs, and vanilla. Quickly stir in the melted chocolate, until the filling is well combined and smooth. Pour the filling over the crust and spread it evenly with a spatula or spoon.
- Place the springform pan in the basket of the air fryer. Cook at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes.
- Remove from the basket and allow the cheesecake to chill to set, for about 6-8 hours, or chill in the freezer for about an hour.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.